Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-11-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Loosey Goosey

Hero's image is very, very, very loose. Hero's play is very, very, very loose. He is chipleader in a $10 PL hold em tourney, fairly deep in the money, but no steep payouts quite yet. Hero has kept chiplead by taking many "10 to 1" gambles with any two cards, but has also taken a few hits in those 10 to 1 gambles lately so he's down to 75k (closest is 50k at this point). Everyone is catching on that hero is just bullying the table (rather than just trying to suckout)

Stacks in this hand are 75k for hero and 44k for villain. Hero posts SB of 800 and villain is the BB for 1600.

With that in mind, how do you play this hand?

Hero with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Folded to SB.

Hero raises 4800. Villain flat calls

Pot 9600, flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 4800 and is called after a few seconds.

Pot 19,200 Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets 8000 and hero calls.

Pot 35,200 River is a blank 8.

Hero value bets for 11k, planning to fold to any river raise.

Comments?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Loosey Goosey

What hand does hero put opponent?

only hand I could see beating is a smaller pp pair here. What's the reasoning behind blocking river?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Loosey Goosey

I wouldn't raise from the SB. Given the table's perception of you, you are likely get action, which means you'll be playing a large pot out of position with Q2. Especially in PL, you need to exercise pot control, since this limits the size of bets on all future streets. I would limp, bet pot on the flop, and check-call the turn. I don't think you win the blinds often enough to raise, and getting called is pretty much always bad for you, even now that you've hit a seemingly good flop.