Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-31-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Rate this river fold - blind battle 10/20

Villain is solid TAG. Doesn't seem overly aggressive from hands I've played with him so far. We've been in about 3-4 blind battles so far. Hasn't 3bet me from the BB yet. Folded to single flop bet on a Kxx 2spade flop, another time called a 445 flop, then bet his 57 on the turn and riv when I checked to him.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a no-brainer fold and 10 being a no-brainer call, where does this fold fit? FWIW I'd give it around a 3.5 for comparison but I'd like to see where I stand. Also, does anyone consider just calling the turn raise? If so, what's your river plan. Note the guy hasn't raised the turn for a free river yet that I've seen, but from his solid play I expect he is capable of it if you're considering a river donk.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Rate this river fold - blind battle 10/20

in a blind battle, i dont fold this for one more bet on the river. With 12 BB in the pot, you have to be good fairly less than 10%, which i'd say you are.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in a blind battle, i dont fold this for one more bet on the river. With 12 BB in the pot, you have to be good fairly less than 10%, which i'd say you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blanket statements can make good players but not great ones. Think about this a little bit more rather just applying a rule to it. What hands does a defending BB have that I beat given the description I laid?

I can think of possibly one given my history with him, which would be 78. 7c8c seems the most likely to cap this turn when I'm ahead because of his flush draw possibility too, but I really don't think a non 2 club 78 would cap here, given the number of 2 pair hnds I could have with that Ace on the board. FWIW, I'd likely call the river if it was a non-club.

Avoid the blanket statement and give me a good reason to call here.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:55 PM

I probably don't 3-bet unless you think he waits to raise a naked ace a lot.

After that, the fold is fine.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:33 PM

posting blind.

Well the river is a crying call, but I think I make it. I wouldn't absolutely hate a turn cap by BB with 87 or T7, as from his point of view a TAG in your situation could be 3-betting a big ace here or be on some sort of semi-bluff.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably don't 3-bet unless you think he waits to raise a naked ace a lot.

After that, the fold is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 3-betting everytime. TAG could have an ace, 87, T7, and definitely a semi-bluff on this board.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:49 PM

I play this the same if you don't think he'd cap the turn w/ 87 no club (although he can't have 8c7c and you chop with tc8c). If the river was a non-club I'm not sure the decision is any different. If he got out of line on the turn with something like Xc9c, would he fire again on the river when it clearly looks like you're going nowhere? And if you think it's possible he's capping the turn with just a flush draw then hands like t9,89, and 97 are also possible which might swing the river to a call, club or no club.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:17 PM

no chance I would fold here for 1 more bet.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no chance I would fold here for 1 more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

Krishan