Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-31-2005, 03:11 AM

Default I watched Knight Rider when I was little

BB is 28/14/2, seems solid, definitely capable of folding if he thinks hes beat. Other guy is fishtastic 51/6/.7, and plays really weak post flop. Sometimes he just calls down to fold, other times he calls down to show J high, not quite sure if he has a rhyme or reason or not. Either way he sucks, and ive been raising his limps a lot as he is directly on my right. Not sure if BB is paying attention to it or not, but so far at the table everyone has been happy just folding.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 12-31-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: I watched Knight Rider when I was little

you're gonna get 3bet by AQ and QQ-AA which is 21 combos. You won't get 3bet by AK and 99-JJ which is 30 combos. This means you're gonna get 3bet 2/5 of the time which is too much, imo, considering the fact that you have to call a 3bet. If you're gonna take down this pot every time you are not 3bet, then it would be +EV. But with this fishy in I don't think this raise is gonna help you take down the pot much. You'll be able to get a free card a lot when you're not 3bet and might clean up 3 outs sometimes if you can get AK to fold the flop, but I don't think this helps enough to offset the extra bets.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:22 AM

whats your plan when he 3-bets or donks the turn?
Old 12-31-2005, 05:59 AM

Default I didn\'t

Are you going to take the free card when the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turns?

Looks like pointless spewing to me. If you want this pot I strongly recommend you hit your hand. Otherwise it is happening quite rarely. There is a difference between capable of folding in general and capable of folding in this situation. An even marginally perceptive TAG is aware of or at least suspects what you are doing to the fish. He is going to put you on a big wide hand range and then notice that you caught a one-card board. Unless the fish attacks he is not going to be dislodged from the pot with any reasonable 3-bet. Of course if the fish attacks then you are in trouble anyway.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:41 AM

Don't like this. Against only BB this would be ok, but having MP in middle is bad. You will have to hit most of the time to take this pot down. Just call.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: I didn\'t

[ QUOTE ]
There is a difference between capable of folding in general and capable of folding in this situation. An even marginally perceptive TAG is aware of or at least suspects what you are doing to the fish. He is going to put you on a big wide hand range and then notice that you caught a one-card board.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what Im hoping for, if hes noticed what im doing, i think hes more apt to have a little wider 3 bet range than normal. And then whe its obvious I caught this 1 card board, I think its very easy for him to put me on a queen, becuase with the fish in the middle who will definitely call, im not bluffing, so I think I can get him to fold some hands I'd really like him to fold
Old 12-31-2005, 08:24 PM

posting blind.

I don't like this at all. Your fold equity is minimal between BB having a tight range of strong hands and the fish who already put money in on the flop. Peeling the flop would be much better as you have great relative position to the raiser to raise a 4 and play poker on an A or 5.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: I didn\'t

[ QUOTE ]
I think its very easy for him to put me on a queen, becuase with the fish in the middle who will definitely call, im not bluffing, so I think I can get him to fold some hands I'd really like him to fold

[/ QUOTE ]
I do agree with this, but I think we can only count on hands like AJ and AT getting out sooner than normal. I'd be surprised if he let go of JJ-77 or whatever barring a scary turn.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:27 PM

i dont like the raise preflop. limp instead. you might as well not represent ace high. that just puts you in a reverse implied odd situation. (see my openlimping on the button post for more on my thoughts).

i dont like the flop raise either.