Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Large pot with 66 in BB

UTG+1 is 13/7/1.8. CO is 31/14/3 (small sample size). SB is 35/10/.8.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 12-31-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Large pot with 66 in BB

Do you have enough to call 2 cold in the bb? Obviously we are typically going for set value and huge implied odds thereof (even though that is not what happened here).

Rest of the hand looks fine. Hopefully he is calling down with A high and not a pp. Maybe you get a higher pp to fold the river, but more likely you get an A to call.

nh
Old 12-31-2005, 04:55 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i would have folded preflop. you can anticipate 4-1 as a best case scenario IF the 13/7 UTG does not cap. most flops will be very difficult to play out of position without a set and you don't really have the implied odds with such a big preflop investment. i like the flop c/r to get the field limited so your vulnerable hand may hold up. turn standard. river is interesting. you could check to induce a bluff from CO, but he looks like he is in call down mode. he could bet a busted draw on the end if you checked and you could snap that off. besides that it seems plausible that he could have a higher PP and he is just getting to SD. you played with these guys so you may have more info. than i on which you based your decision.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:57 PM

Looks good to me.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would have folded preflop. you can anticipate 4-1 as a best case scenario IF the 13/7 UTG does not cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you need to redo your calculation. Hero is getting immediate 4.5:1 odds, likely 5:1 if UTG calls. In fact, UTG is going to at least call. If UTG caps, then hero is getting 4.33:1. This is probably enough in terms of implied odds.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:13 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would have folded preflop. you can anticipate 4-1 as a best case scenario IF the 13/7 UTG does not cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you need to redo your calculation. Hero is getting immediate 4.5:1 odds, likely 5:1 if UTG calls. In fact, UTG is going to at least call. If UTG caps, then hero is getting 4.33:1. This is probably enough in terms of implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

um. yeah. i'm stupid. that's what i get when i should be working. i sort of neglected the whole posting of the big blind thing. i'll catch on to that one of these days. that sort of changes things. ignore my preflop comments. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]