Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: If yes, how often?
Less then Weekly 4 20.00%
Weekly 1 5.00%
Daily 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Have you ever tried to outrun the cops?

I've outran the cops on foot several times. I've never ran gotten busted. I own the cops.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM

Like everyone else in the thread, I've done it, but nothing too rebellious. I was a quarter mile from my house, flew by a cop, saw his break lights, speed up to my house and pulled in the garage. The only other time I was 13 or 14 and got caught rolling a yard. We tried to run, but the cop knew who we were and just went back to the house he knew we were at and waited.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:18 PM

I'm 17 years old, out of town on an overnight forensics trip in High School. At about 1 a.m. I convince six friends to leave our motel room and explore the ghost town of Coffeyville, Kansas. (This town's streets are bricked, there are no vehicles anywhere)
After about ten minutes we see flashing lights behind us. Two cop cars are about a block away and closing quickly.

Now what happens next I still (8 years later) cannot explain. For some reason, while everyone else stands waiting for the police, I decide to make a run for it.

For the next 10-15 minutes I elude the two police cars while on foot, the whole time trying to make my way back to our motel room. At this time, there is so much adrenaline in my body that I am performing amazing feats of agility (leaping over fences, one hopping garbage dumpsters, etc) At about a block away from our door, concealed by a bank, I conclude that I have lost them and Imake a run for it. I get to the door, fumble to get the key card in, and right then a giant ass spotlight shines right on my back, and I hear "step away from the door, son."

My forensics teacher was awoken by the police, who deemed him competent to dole out consequences (thank god). Our teacher exploded on us that night, but by the next moring we were all laughing about it.

After I got back to school, our principal decided he had to punish me somehow (he also thought it was funny) and sentenced me to 25 hours of community service, which I never served.

From what I understand, our school still has a ban on overnight trips.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the second time I got a speeding ticket for going 84 in an 80 (it was whack).

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you get 80's..... Fastest we can go legally is 65 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Klicks

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, f that. 84 in an 80, at klicks? And I thought my 26 in a 20 was bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try 32 in a 30 (Mulvane, Kansas)
Old 12-07-2005, 08:26 PM

In high school, my friend's dad was giving me a ride to their house on the back of his Yamaha 1200. He was a coke dealer and wanted for something. He outran them with me on the back. I was scared shitless. Not really me doing it but that was the only tme.

A couple of weeks later someone shot him three times in the back of the head with a .44 magnum. Tough bastard actually lived, but left town as soon as he recovered and my friend never saw his dad again as far as I know. Probably better off, but still sad.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:27 PM

I was following my friend once to a party, and we went the wrong way, and made a U-turn. A cop was driving by on the adjoining street and saw us turning around so naturally he probably thought we were running from him. My friend takes off one way (with his girlfriend in the truck) and I go the other (with two chicks in my truck). We are turning in and out of streets, and finally i go down a back alley, but somehow this cop saw me. He followed me for a while, and when I turned back onto the main street then he turns his lights on (of course). I pull back over and he comes up and asks what I was doing. I say,"Lookin for my friends party sir". Pretty [censored] excuse but I think the two hot chicks in the truck did it for me. I got a warning for not putting on my blinker 100 feet before my turn, and he even said have fun at the party.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:30 PM

I enjoy reading these, keep them coming
Old 12-07-2005, 08:32 PM

Yeah this is an interesting topic. I'll try to remember more.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:33 PM

I would think on a cost benefit analysis, unless you're really sure you're not getting caught- the negatives of running and getting caught far outweight the negatives of just plain getting caught.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 PM

Warning: Long Trip Report, Uninentional Outrun Attempt

Summer after sophomore year in college, I'm driving from MIT to LA for an internship with my brother. I'm in AZ, where the speed limit was 70 or 75, and I've got the cruise control at 90 and rocking out to Quadrophenia on the straightest most boring road you've ever been on. I look up in my rearview and see a cop flashing his lights. I swear a few times and pull over.

The come comes to the side window with some hick accent and tells me that he's pulling me over cuz I was doing 90, and anything over 85 in the state of AZ in an arrestable offense where he can my car impounded. He also tells me that he'd been following me for the last 7 miles. (woops...) and that's where I start shaking. He asks if I've got drugs in the car, and I swear I don't...he tells me if I've got pot for personal use, it's cool, but I still don't have any, and he's kinda pissed and convinced I do. He notices a ziploc bag I've got full of receipts, and thinking it's drugs, pulls his gun on me and asks me to get out of the car. I start freaking, and he does all these field sobriety tests on me. I fail the one where you hold you arm out steady cuz I'm so nervous, so he asks me a series of questions about where I'm going and such.

I tell him that I'm doing an internship in California, and he looks at me funny, so I told him that I was working as a thermodynamic engineer for a satellite company. He's got no clue what this is, so I give him a ten second overview. He's totally convinced I'm bluffing, and is just like "so they're paying you to tell them that the satellite gets hot and cold in space? That's the best you can come up with for me?" And thus I spend about ten minutes explaining applied thermo to this cop in AZ.

He finally starts believing me, and then asks my bro the same questions, who's kind of just sitting htere laughing since he didn't have the gun pointed at him. He asks my brother why he's so calm, and my brother replies, "I'm not the one getting arrested." The cop finally cools down, writes me a $200 ticket for 85+ and lets me go along my merry way, but follows directly behind me for the next 40 miles while I had the cruise control firmly set at 60 in the right lane...