Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-03-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Thoughts on Hou @ Jax

Houston +810

Thinking this might be a very good bet. Hou has always played Jax tough, 4-2 in last 6 games.

Thoughts?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Hou @ Jax

I think the Jacksonville team over the past 3 years has not been anywhere as good as this Jacksonville team.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Jacksonville team over the past 3 years has not been anywhere as good as this Jacksonville team.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but not to the extent this Texans team sucks worse than the past two years. Two HUGE injury questions for the Texans in this one Andre Johnson and Domanick Davis. Both are questionable (Johnson has missed last few). If either is missing I'm unloading on Jax. The Texan's offense simply can't operate without Andre Johnson b/c he is the only receiver worthy of defensive attention. The only scoring on the Browns came from great returns by rookie Jerome Mathis and turnovers by the Browns. Even then they only managed one TD. Likewise if Davis is injured they take a huge hit in the run game going down to Vernand Morency, lose more pass protection, and Carr's escape valve in the passing game. As for the whole "we've beat Jacksonville the last ...". I'd put that more in the + side for Jacksonville for this game. No real reason to get ready for a [censored] team like the Texans unless they swept you last year and are calling it a rivalry, since there has been close games and supposed dirty plays.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:19 AM

an uncut blade of grass would do more blocking than DD,

think morency is a better back, one thing davis has proven is that he can't stay healthy for a whole year
Old 11-05-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Houston +810

Thinking this might be a very good bet. Hou has always played Jax tough, 4-2 in last 6 games.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a friggin sweet line. Houston only has to win, what, 12% of the time to be +EV? I might wince, but I might stick a tiny bet on that.