Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 06:25 AM

Default Re: call bluff with AK?

I'd go with ANY pocket pair, the case 3 or AK/AQ.....

But, I'd not be surprized to see a medium PP here, very typical holding... Snowmen?

I take it you folded...

I would have...

>Trainwreck<
Old 08-20-2004, 06:35 AM

I'd fold that 100% of the time in that circumstance, He called $150 in bets already, I find it hard to believe he didn't at least have ANY pocket pair there... otherwise he should fold to your $90 bet.

Looked to me like he was making sure the coast was clear, with your check/check announcing your weakness and then decided his PP must be good.... I still guess a middle pair there and going ALL-IN reduces you to put up or shut up... not such a bad player after all?

I see occasional brilliance from a seemingly fishy opponent, then again we are probably suffering from OVER-ANALYSIS.... but it's fun... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

>Trainwreck<
Old 08-20-2004, 11:44 AM

I'm an amateur. I have a hunch he paired up something or had a pocket pair. The way he played it is confusing. If he had a pocket pair, why the check on the turn? Maybe he was afraid you held a high pocket pair.

Perhaps if he is really bad he called with low suited connectors, and maybe one of them paired up, like the five, or the 9.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:30 PM

This isn't a tournament or a freezeout. If you think you have the best of it, you call, and if not, you fold. If you call and lose, rebuy. It's pretty simple. What he bought in with compared to what he has really doesn't make sense. Although players who buy in for the minimum tend to be idiots.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:20 PM

from what ive read of brusiers posts he seems to be a good player and can work out the game theory side of the game. because the player is bad you want to keep him in the game for as long as possible and bad players tend to chase, rebuy, go on tilt etc. why would you want to give a chance to get even and leave.

if i didnt already say, i'd call against a good player.