Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!! Best Live Poker Move EVER!!

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, I think this is angle-shooting of the worst kind which is very much against the spirit and the etiquette of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

It's not even a good move. It's just a cheap tactic.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:38 AM

I too have never really understood why this is not simply banned outright. Seems about the same ethical level as a string raise to me (which as we know is hammered into every newbie's head as a no-no), and would be just as easy to define as a rule and enforce.

The fact that some pros consider it perfectly fine also confuses me. Unless they are hearkening back to the old saloon poker days and don't really object to any type of angle shooting at all.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, I think this is angle-shooting of the worst kind which is very much against the spirit and the etiquette of the game. Some may disagree, but I think that this kind of "great move" should generally be discouraged. For that reason, I actually wish most places would declare intentionally exposed hands dead just to keep people from pulling annoying stuff like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

like he said angle shoot at the worst, lucky that he had a retarded oppenent at it best.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw - Player 1 is a bonehead for showing his hand at all. If player 2's hand was considered dead, then player 1's hand is dead as well because the action has not yet been completed by player 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO LOL

If players 2 hand is dead then is action is over!!! ur post is an oxymoron [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] they both cant be dead!!!

BTW the hands live and pot to player 2... but hes still a [censored].
Old 07-29-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To answer Breakfast Burritos question, it is my understanding that if the 3rd player is still in the hand then the guy who exposed the hand, his hand is dead. What happened on the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

The other all in guy had AQ, the river bricked and I took it all down. No one made any comments about turning the cards face up before announcing his play, and since the other guy was all in, it didn't really make a difference, but I wasn't sure if this was legal from a rules perspective.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:16 PM

perfectly legal move, floor should rule in player 2's favor , at the very least the hand is not dead , player 2 wins the pot minus the all in if we want to give player 1 slack. Player 1 is a dumbass.
If player 1 won the hand he would argue that "his hand is live and he is forced to call"
Old 07-29-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is one of the best live poker moves I've seen

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it sucks. He can't win by playing well, so he tries to win by tricking his opponent in to breaking the rules. What a scumbag.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is one of the best live poker moves I've seen

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it sucks. He can't win by playing well, so he tries to win by tricking his opponent in to breaking the rules. What a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mich will we ever here the results...
Old 07-30-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll tell you how the floor ruled, following a few friendly comments. Since I think this is one of the best live poker moves I've seen

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the fact that it's an angle shoot, I don't love the move. What does Player 2 (small flush) do when Player 1 doesn't expose his losing hand, and calmly asks whether Player 2 is calling or folding.

Against a player who can hide his emotions (I believe this called a 'poker face' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) I think that Player 2 will fold a winning hand more frequently than he'll get a free ride on the bet.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:15 PM

Grunching.

My guess is that the hand was over and the player with the flush had his hand ruled dead because he turned over his cards before he called the bet.