Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Poker In Vegas - To Think or Not To Think

Wow! That sums up my experience this past weekend in Vegas, playing mostly low-limit Hold'em. I played $2/$4, $3/$6 and $4/8 at the Imperial Palace, Aladdin, the Plaza (downtown), Binion's and got Sam Farha's autograph at the Bellagio.

I was expecting much tougher competition than I received. These horrid players get you to overthink hands, laydown hands on crazy stone-cold bluffs, then trap you with monsters not even knowing they had a monster (had a guy beat my QQ's with AK when a K hit the turn, and he didn't bet turn or river saying he thought he had AQ, instead of AK!).

So, I started overthinking hands...case in point below.

Live $3/$6 at the Imperial Palace (damn good $3/hr comp rate!!)

Hero is in MP with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 3 callers, UTG, UTG+1 and the Button.

Flop:
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG leads, UTG + 1 raises to $6, Hero re-raises to $9, button folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 caps, Hero calls.

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG bets $6, Hero raises $12, UTG re-raises to $18, Hero ....

What does the Hero do? Comments appreciated?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Poker In Vegas - To Think or Not To Think

Cap it the whole way, he clearly has A4.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap it the whole way, he clearly has A4.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has AK and drawing dead. Hes puttin you on AQ, as he will tell you at show down.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Results

RESULTS IN WHITE:

<font color="white"> Hero capped the turn, River was a K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG leads, and Hero only calls. Villain shows AK for top two and Hero wins pot with a set of deuces. NICE READ badboyy!!! </font>
Old 07-07-2005, 01:42 PM

What days/times were you at IP this past weekend? I was there Friday and Saturday night playing 2/4, and I played in their $80 (with add-on) afternoon tourney.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:56 PM

I arrived in Vegas Saturday night at 6pm, and was at the IP from 6pm Sat night til about 1 am. Then returned on Sunday at 2pm and played until about 6pm. Also played on the 4th of July in the evening.

I couldn't believe how horrible the players at the IP were...and I couldn't believe that if I played 5 hours I got a rib dinner free! $3/hr comp rate is best I could find in all of Vegas. First session playing $2-4 for 2 hours and $3-6 for 5 hours, I netted over $150. Second session playing $3-6, up another $120. Last session net gain of about $80. This was all playing $3-6 or lower...could be lucky run of cards, but if I had a dollar for everytime I heard "I saw that on TV" I'd be rich.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:26 PM

I have never played at the IP. How is the size of the game? What do you like about that room?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:36 PM

That's funny. My girlfriend and I played some NL at the IP on that Saturday night (8-10) also waiting for the Legends show. There were only like 4 or 5 tables going and to think that like 6 of us are accounted for in this thread.