Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
I am so convinced that at this level you really got to learn to play mixed games. You can't believe how soft they can be for anyone who plays all games reasonably well.

I don't think I've ever played straight holdem higher than 150/300, and I think that even during tournament time, a straight 200/400 holdem game, even for the best player in the game, has the variance to expectation ratio that I, being the nit I am, would not like.

(Also, I would've been real surprised if you weren't one of the two best at the table.)

[/ QUOTE ]

when we met each other at vegas i told BK this. he wanted to get some big hold'em games going above 80 but nobody would want to play without another game.

i'm convinced that if you just got decent at other games your edge at holdem would be much greater than their edge in other games. everybody knows that everybody has a "best" or "favorite" game. thats why you'll rarely find a straight holdem game above 100-200.

but bk says he's from MN and its not +EV enough for him to learn other games unless he actually moves to vegas or LA or wherever.