Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2004, 05:53 PM

Default Brief Harrah\'s East Chicago trip report

This past Friday I had a short late-night session at HEC.

I arrived at midnight -- no list for $5-10, but all tables full. Got a seat in about 5 minutes. They were also spreading one table of a $3-6-12 game.

How to tilt an entire LL HE table. Early in my session (no reads developed yet), I'm UTG+2 with the A10c. UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, and I fold -- as I toss my cards, they flip up, though. The table went bananas - "If you're not going ot play that, I don't know what you can play. How tight can you be? etc." Flop came down A-high w/2 clubs. Turn was another A. River blanked, and the raiser took it down w/A7o, lol -- if I'd only known.

We had some good laughs over that. Of course, the next time I raised pre-flop (with the AQs), I got 7-way action, so I guess my reputation wasn't tarnished that much, or they all forgot, lol.

Ridiculous LL suckouts -- one guy was hitting all kinds of 2-pair and making straights playing any one gappers down to 43o (no joke). Very lucky streak.

Later, a guy sits down to my right and is talking to a regular who has taken the end spot -- I get the feeling these are $10-20 players waiting for seats - meaning nothing more than the aggression would likely kick in a little. The end guy eventually picks up (must've not liked the game), but the guy to my right comments at last call how "one beer couldn't hurt." I realize shortly that he's totally stewed. After I play Q10s and flop a Q with 2 spades, he bets the turn A into me heads up, and I just call, then I decide to call him down at the river (missed the flush) and he shows red KJ K-high nothing. He bemoans me calling him down and in a playful way, gives me 3-4 punches in the shoulder. I'm a big guy and I can take it (though he was a little bigger), but it definitely felt weird and I thought about calling the floor, but I let it go.

I wish it was earlier, because I was in the best spot and this guy was going to give it all away. He's criticising everyone for their play, telling everyone how he's going to get their whole stack, etc. But I was tired and another game broke and I didn't want to get into it with a full table (we had been playing 7-handed for a while) and learning the new players games, etc.

QQ and KK both held up, and my tight image may have helped a little more when it was shorthanded (open-raise w/J10s, completely miss and win with a flop bet v. big blind).

Walked +$65 after about 3 hours.

Good times.

CMP