Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: PokerAce Heads Up Display - Version 0.27 Released

[ QUOTE ]
What is "# New Feature: New Stats: Continuation Bet" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Continuation bet is the percentage of times that a 'Pre Flop Raiser' (PFR) bets the flop when checked to.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
May I recommend a new stat so we can compare aggression to passivity:

CALLING Frequency
I believe this stat would therefore use a formula such as:

(times_called + times_cold called) / (times_bet + times_raised + times_called + times_folded)

times cold called is added above with the attempt to develop a weighted scale. I do not expect this to be a valid formula, I think if someone did a bit of research to determine a divisor we might find the optimal weight.

With the advance acknowledgment that the formula is still flawed, comments anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a good stat to complement Aggression Frequency. You should be able to get a good idea of what this number would be using Aggression Frequency and Folds to <street> Bet. But it would be useful to have...

As you mentioned, these formula's (Aggression Frequency & Calling Frequency) would probably best be served if they were weighted. I know this was discussed briefly in the other thread and some people threw out arbitrary numbers. I was not comfortable adding a formula with arbitrary weights. So right now they are all weighted the same, one.

I'm in the middle of research that should give me a fairly accurate representation of what the associated weights should be. Hopefully we can then incorporate this into the next version.

With that said, I believe the weights will only be a slight enhancement that makes this stat even more accurate. Currently, even with the weights set at one, I believe that Aggression Frequency is more useful than Aggression Factor. Adding appropriate weights will only be icing on top.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:15 PM

Unlike the agression factor numbers, weighting I think is necessary for calling frequency to emphasize the difference between the difference between cold calling and calling, as we all know a player who frequently cold calls is the player we want at our tables. If the calling figure does not include cold calling, then then perhaps we should double or triple the value of the cold calling statistic for the use in this formula. If however cold calling is already included in the called statistic then we may not need a weighted figure after all.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 12:39 PM

Default I\'m not seeing the new stats

I downloaded the new version -- Where are the new stats? When I click on the person the pokerace information window still looks the way it did before, I don't see any of the new stuff
Old 09-11-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: I\'m not seeing the new stats

I think its only on the layout so u have to add it to one of the things u display on the tables. I could be wrong here however.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:56 PM

Has anybody got the latest Pokerace working with Omaha in Prima? Unfortunately, I can't get this working although it works with Holdem.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to get PokerAce to work properly with PokerStars 6-max games auto-importing games while you play? Even with the 6-max toggle on the main screen, PokerTracker just imports the 6-max sessions into the appropiate full ring limit, and PokerAce can not find any appropiate HHs in the database (only ones from previous sessions played and properly tagged at 6-max).

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only play 6 max games on PokerStars, you can uncheck the option that filters by current limit only. Otherwise, there's really nothing you can do until PokerTracker adds a feature that allows you to specify that the table it is currently importing is a 6 max table.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I downloaded the new version -- Where are the new stats? When I click on the person the pokerace information window still looks the way it did before, I don't see any of the new stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

As another poster mentioned, you'll need to add these to the layouts. Check out the Layout Manager documentation in Help -> Topics.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody got the latest Pokerace working with Omaha in Prima? Unfortunately, I can't get this working although it works with Holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a bug in the Prima Omaha games. I'll get this fixed and a patch released in the next day or two.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:29 PM

I'm pleased to announce the release of PokerAce Heads Up Display (PA Hud for short) version 0.28.

Download Version 0.28 here:
http://pokeracesoftware.com

What's New in Version 0.28:

# Fixed: Self stats problem some people were experiencing.
# Fixed: Omaha support for Prima now works properly.

This is a minor patch to release 0.27, please read the release notes for that release above.

If you have a question or problem, please read the documentation included with PA Hud before posting or emailing. Chances are good that your issue is addressed by it.

A lot of the bugs that have been brought to my attention since the last release have been fixed. So if you encounter a bug in this version that you were getting in an older version, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here or in the PokerAce Software forums. I'll be happy to help and listen to your input.

Please join the mailing list in the PokerAce Hud section to be notified of new releases by email.