Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Just got my wisdom teeth out

I had all four of mine taken out at the same time. wasn't that bad. I thought it was gonna be much worse.

the next few days were pretty bad. I was eating noodles mostly. then, I was able to eat solid foods. no horror stories. I think it's no big deal.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any advice/horror stories?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do NOT want dry sockets. Keep yer yap clean. Salt water rinses, listerine, whatever it takes to ward off infection.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:43 PM

I think I had the worst wisdom tooth extraction ever. After I had mine removed I was down 6 teeth, had my jaw wired shut, and they had opened up my left leg, making it hard for me to walk for a few days. I got a prescription for percoset but I never figured out how to take them considering my mouth didn't open.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I had the worst wisdom tooth extraction ever. After I had mine removed I was down 6 teeth, had my jaw wired shut, and they had opened up my left leg, making it hard for me to walk for a few days. I got a prescription for percoset but I never figured out how to take them considering my mouth didn't open.

[/ QUOTE ]

This story requires more details. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 02:00 PM

i got oxycodine for mine. good stuff.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:32 PM

It's been nearly 30 years since I had my wisdom teeth removed. I used the pain killers but didn't really need them that bad, but heck, I wasn't going to let good drugs go to waste. I actually went hiking two days after. I was a little sore for a few days, but nothing too bad. The drugs they used during the surgery were incredible. I was semi-conscious through the procedure, but so stoned that it probably wouldn't have bothered me too much if they'd told me they were going to take off my balls while they were at it. Fortunately, they didn't do that. It certainly didn't bother me when they apparently had to crush one of the teeth to get it out. Also, the nurse kept telling me to take a deep breath. I guess I was forgetting to breathe.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:36 PM

Keep eating sausage.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getting my top wisdom teeth out thursday (already had the bottom ones out). hope it goes as well as yours! give us a followup in a few days. I made some tomato soup yesterday that I'll be eating for I guess at least a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
supposedly (according to my dentist) tops are way easier than the bottoms (how's this turn into a BigSteve thread?). fwiw, I had my top two removed last year and it was pretty simple with almost zero recovery time needed. I don't remember about when I had my bottom two done (back in high school), but it wasn't that bad either.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do NOT want dry sockets. Keep yer yap clean. Salt water rinses, listerine, whatever it takes to ward off infection.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed, word of caution, though. rinse with water/salt water, but not listerine. supposedly (again according to my dentist), the stuff in mouthwash that kills bacteria also kills/slows the growth of the new tissue in your mouth. took me forever to grow out that hole in my mouth because I was washing with mouthwash and not telling my dentist what I was doing. once I stopped, though, the holes filled in nicely.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:04 PM

Had all four of mine removed sans anesthesia (I get very sick from it). What a nightmare. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]