Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: getting serious with SNG\'s - software question

1) PokerTracker - If you are going to 15 table, pokertracker could be a pain, but I don't so I don't know. I usually 1 -3 table. When I bust out I MINIMIZE the table and open up another one. I'll check back later and close it when that tourney is over. That way I rarely have to import a summary. It is all automatic *if* you let the tourney go to the end and don't close the table early.

It is also very valuable to say run a filter on the play from the last 5 days and see what hands I have lost the most money on. Hum... I'm losing a ton on AJo. Lets replay all 10 of those hands. Wow...I thought that was a good play, obviously I'm probably wrong. Next time I get dealt AJo I'm going to play (or not) with a much greater awareness. (I've been losing a lot with small PP in early position with the set or fold mentality. I don't know the answer to that one. Just fold?)

2) PlayerView - I only use it for showing my opponents hole cards. (Only after the hand is over.) If I win a showdown, it's nice to automatically see what my opponent was holding. PlayerView has caused me some problems. It's not a perfect product.

3)PokerProphecy - I use it to look up the ITM on every player at all of my tables. I then add a note to each player that has a 40% ITM over at least 100 games. It give me a little info about that player. I know I can steal from him a little bit more reliably and I respect his raises a little more. Also, when I open a table I wait until there are just a couple seats left or I'll grab a seat just to the right of a player that has a note. (I never take notes on poor players.)

I hate the spamming they do, but I have found that, even though they only record about 2/3 of my games, the stats are pretty close to matching the stats I have on PokerTracker.

-----------------Jeff
Old 06-10-2005, 01:27 PM

Just wanted to add a quick note. I have purchased PT and PlayerView, but have just started looking at PokerOffice. It seems to kind of be PT and PV combined into one, except that it also provides some nice things on the table like real time Pot Odds, Outs, etc. If I were buying right now, I would almost certainly look into PokerOffice instead.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:31 PM

Oh yeah, one other thing. I don't even own Eastbay's tool (going to remedy that this afternoon), but I know from reading the boards that you have it backwards; it's not for newbs, it's for experienced people who are serious about their game. Someone who's just a casual player would probably just be wasting their money.