Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Results

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and twos).
MP has 6d 6s (two pair, sixes and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.75 BB. </font>
Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: AA 10/20 6max

Im the villain in this hand and would love to get some suggestions on how i should have played this hand (or not).

I initially put "hero" on AK/AQ or similar and tried to get a cheap showdown (which i've read is the mantra for 10/20)with my flop raise.

The turn raise was to represent a set and some kind of semibluff with my gutshot but i guess that was probably just spewing?

As you can see i'm not a regular 10/20 player but i like to take controlled stabs at it at times for experience. I'm probably on alot of your buddylists [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards Snow
Old 09-09-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im the villain in this hand and would love to get some suggestions on how i should have played this hand (or not).

I initially put "hero" on AK/AQ or similar and tried to get a cheap showdown (which i've read is the mantra for 10/20)with my flop raise.

The turn raise was to represent a set and some kind of semibluff with my gutshot but i guess that was probably just spewing?

As you can see i'm not a regular 10/20 player but i like to take controlled stabs at it at times for experience. I'm probably on alot of your buddylists [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards Snow

[/ QUOTE ]

Coldcalling a UTG raise from a decent player with 66 in MP is thoroughly meh. I'm instafolding here.

Your flop cap is beyond much. If you really think he's capable of playing AK this badly, call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn. But most people aren't playing AK like this.

Rob
Old 09-09-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what you said about the sets make sense for a thinking player. what about the less intelligent out there? or, by 10/20 everyone knows to play a set better than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think capping flop with a set is something u do because u are not thinking. The other way around is more likely.

I think capping a set is fine against a TAG becuase if I call his flop3bet and raise turn he will never ever 3bet turn, but when we cap flop people (in this thread for example) think we are weaker and are prepared to 3bet turn and lose a bunch.

Against a good player u have to make him think u are weaker then u are, and capping flop is a good way to do this.

Another example of problem with (not) acting weak when u are strong:

10/20SH: A good 2+2 TAG raised me preflop, I 3bet sitting behind with KK and he capped.

Flop was Kxx. He bet, I raised, he 3bet, I called (I could have capped).

Turn Kxxx. He bet, I raised, he 3bet and and now I pretty much knew he had AA. What did I do? I capped without thinking and instantely hated myself. He started to think and think and.... finally called and checkcalled river.

He in chat: I couldnt make myself fold turn.

My point is that when I put him on AA I think its better to call turn and raise river because if I cap I scream: I got set and a strong player will sometimes fold.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:29 AM

3bet the turn and i hope thats what all the responses say.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that when I put him on AA I think its better to call turn and raise river because if I cap I scream: I got set and a strong player will sometimes fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think capping turn in that situation is fine. If I counted right there are now 14 BB in the pot and he has about 1/22 to spike his 3rd ace. If he is absolutely sure you have him beaten he is right to fold, but it is fairly close and he can never be 100% sure you dont have AK or another AA. On the other hand if you give him a free (well not free but cheaper) card that is like giving him 3/4 of a BB because he has still 5% equity in the pot.

In my mind not capping is therefore a mistake. Thoughts?