Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 AM

Default 10/20 HU AA with monotone flop and aggression

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the small blind (OOP postflop) with 3500 behind and raise to 60, he calls and covers slightly.

Flop: (120) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet 100, he raises to 375, I call.

Turn: (870) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets 900, I call

River: (2670) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, he bets 1000, I call

Villain is fairly agro postflop but I haven't caught him bluffing recently. Last time he raised a monotone flop he had an 8-high flush and beat my 7-high flush. I feel like the turn is really spewage, I don't think I can necessarily stack him on a diamond river, and I don't think I'm ahead very often. Villain has been tilting a little recently and overplaying 1-pair hands, but I doubt he would do this. Is the turn simply a fold? I think a turn check-push might be OK, too, but I now think calling is pretty horrible. Say your finger slipped and you called the turn. Does anyone fold the river getting 3.5:1?

If this is as bad as I think it is maybe some flames will knock some sense into me.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: 10/20 HU AA with monotone flop and aggression

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (870) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets 900, I call

[/ QUOTE ]
yuck.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:15 AM

how about leading the turn for 500 and mucking to a raise?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:29 AM

Call flop, fold turn. Can't belive that you would ever be in front there, and he doesn't give you odds to draw for the diamond. Unless he is overplaying AQ exstreamly much, you simply can't be infront.