Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 11:47 PM
 is offline

Default 2/4 KK flops boat against a maniac

Prima 2/4 6-max

Table is really steamed, both me and villain have played kinda loose even though he has been a complete maniac pushing with 200bb into a 15bb pot when flopping tptk with A-10 against another 200bb stack and gets to split the pot with another A-10...won about 300$ from villain 30min earlier when he called 100$ preflop with k-9o against my A-A and followed to river with a flopped K.

Hero is in SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
stacksizes around 800$ each

utg folds
villain raises for 28.00
button folds
hero raises for 78.00
bb folds
villain calls for 52.00

Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (160$)

as you can see villains drawing really thin this hand having only qq, jj, or A-x to outdraw me...
anyone would have liked a smaller/bigger bet or maybe a check with the intention of calling/raising?

hero bets 86$
villain calls for 86$

Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (332$)

since villain is real maniac who would give me action with a hand like 99 here (or even worse), the pot is already quite big and I wouldnt mind taking him down for his whole stack I make it 216$ and he folds...anyone like another line for turn? how do you guys think i could have stacked this maniac?
Old 06-20-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KK flops boat against a maniac

Well played I think. The only other option I can see is to check and hope he will bluff at the pot if he got trips with Ace as a kicker or another pair, but this does by no means guarantee a bigger pot.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:02 AM

you said hes a real maniac, right? if he likes to make big bets and loose calls, consider checking to him and pushing if he bets 200 or more. by your player description, it seems highly likely he'll bet large if you check and he'll call with inferior hands (QQ-JJ)
Old 06-20-2005, 11:33 AM

I think a check here derives a lot more money... even if he checks behind there is a good chance he makes a big call on the river reading a big bet as a bluff.

You got to give a maniac a little rope to hang himself, make him think is pocket 7's are good. You pulled the rope tight way to quickly and lost your fish.