Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 1 - Four vs. Five
Lethal Weapon (4) 132 74.58%
Robocop (5) 45 25.42%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Who will the NBA Rookie of the Year be?

[ QUOTE ]
Charlie Villaneuva will win the Rookie of the Year, if the critertia is being horribly overpicked by the worst GM in the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you haven't been following the preseason at all.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:25 AM

For anyone interested, I am getting better than even money to bet on Chris Paul, Andrew Bogut, and Deron Williams. If any of them win, I win. Full odds listed in the Sports Betting forum.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 AM

Other: Ike Diogu
Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 AM

The two following quotes don't add up for me.

[ QUOTE ]
celtics win the atlantic and make the eastern conference finals losing to the cavs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
im predicting 37 wins

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh...which is it? 37 wins, or an Atlantic Championship and berth in the East Finals. I'll lay you some WICKED odds it won't be both.

Also, have you ever heard of the Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons, and Indiana Pacers? They're ALL gonna be better than Cleveland...and Cleveland will be much better than Boston.

Get your head outta Beantown and back to reality. Celts aren't doing a THING this year, and your boy ain't winning ROY either.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Charlie Villaneuva will win the Rookie of the Year, if the critertia is being horribly overpicked by the worst GM in the NBA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you haven't been following the preseason at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villaneuva has been having a great preseason, but I have stopped paying attention to all preseason. If preseason was accurate Gabe Gross would have batted .300 with 30hrs 100 rbis, the Vikings would not be 1-4, and Villanueva would not be a front runner for the NBA ROY.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:23 PM

There is talk out of Milwaukee that Bogut may not begin the year as a starter.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the C's might be a year away, but are going to be asskicking machines for a long time here very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha fair enough. I agree they will be in for a rough year especially with marcus banks out til at least the all star break. im predicting 37 wins.

However 2006-2007 and beyond they will be perrenial 50 win team and title contendors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc Rivers will not be coaching any title contendors, no matter how talented the C's might be. They might get 50 wins a few times depending on how good Gerald Green turns out to be. The superpowers in the East are pretty young too. They're not just going to step aside. Oh, and they are a big longshot to win the Atlantic this year, though it's possible they'll get to sacrifice themselves in the first round again.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the C's might be a year away, but are going to be asskicking machines for a long time here very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha fair enough. I agree they will be in for a rough year especially with marcus banks out til at least the all star break. im predicting 37 wins.

However 2006-2007 and beyond they will be perrenial 50 win team and title contendors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc Rivers will not be coaching any title contendors, no matter how talented the C's might be. They might get 50 wins a few times depending on how good Gerald Green turns out to be. The superpowers in the East are pretty young too. They're not just going to step aside. Oh, and they are a big longshot to win the Atlantic this year, though it's possible they'll get to sacrifice themselves in the first round again.

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction: Gerald Green will be another Gerald Wallace.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction: Gerald Green will be another Gerald Wallace.

[/ QUOTE ]

kid shot over 60 percent from 3 in high school, and can jump out of the building.

PWNED.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ryan gomes. starter for the Cs at 3. got 18 points in a preseason game. im expecting 15 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals per game. plus top flite defense. guy should have been a top ten pick. celtics win the atlantic and make the eastern conference finals losing to the cavs.

C- Perkins
PF- Jefferson
SF- Gomes
SG- Pierce
PG- West

that is a disgusting lineup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a die hard C's fan and having seen Gomes a bunch of times while he was playing for PC hes gonna get my vote