Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Garbage two pair, reacting to a re-raise

[ QUOTE ]
So you think it's quite bad to get involved here??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much.

[ QUOTE ]
But you do like the push when she comes over the top of my checkraise??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not really. If Villain is a tight predictable ABC player I doubt they're going to put their whole stack in with naked Kings or Aces. I'd disregard what I said earlier about jamming all in, I was extremely tired. I'm well rested now.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the pot, get him to raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

From there I call the flop and check/raise all-in on the turn. I think that's the best way to stack an overpair out of position.

Oh, muck this preflop. While I agree playing garbage sutied cards against a predictable player is profitable, especially if they always stack off with an overpair, 7-3 is a bit of a reach. I'd wait for 57s atleast.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:29 PM

Okay, I'll accept that the preflop call is pretty bad...I like the idea of betting the pot here on the flop...I doubt she is folding overcards, and may even raise me with them...

After she comes over the top, what do you guys think of a stop n go for the pot on a non-spade turn?? (I'm not scared of spades, I just don't want her to think I have them)...I would think that makes it very hard for her to fold any kind of a hand...
Old 04-29-2005, 02:41 PM

I don't get it. If you convince her you don't have spades why do you only bet non spades? Also, do you pot it if non spade A or K or Q turns? You put her on an over pair so if one of these fall I wouldn't bet the whole pot.

Also you may convince her you don't have spades but other hands that beat her overpair at plenty possible.

This is getting too tricky for me.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:04 PM

You are right, a stop n go may be too complicated...I was thinking if I call her raise and then lead out on a spade turn, it's pretty easy for her to fold an overpair.....

yes an A,K or Q on the turn scares me....

Now I'm thinking that getting it all in on the flop may not be so bad after all...
Old 04-29-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I'm thinking that getting it all in on the flop may not be so bad after all...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was ever bad, the only objection was that a tight ABC player would probably fold for that large of a bet. If you knew for sure they'd call with AA-QQ than I'd tell you to jam. That's the ideal situation.