Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 01:15 PM

Default newb question- 18-45 man tournies. Considered MTT?

Or would they be posted in this section?

When I hear of MTT's i think of 500-1000+ people....

(and yes , i checked the FAQ , although quickly ;p)
Old 11-21-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: newb question- 18-45 man tournies. Considered MTT?

One table tournaments really means one table, although the strategy for 2-table tournies is pretty similar.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:31 PM

This is a good question, and one that should probably be addressed in the FAQ. I've never seen it answered, though I certainly could have overlooked it. My opinion is that 2-table tourneys are similar enough to be included here, and anything higher should go in MTTs. The 180-players SNGs should certainly be in the MTT forum.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good question, and one that should probably be addressed in the FAQ. I've never seen it answered, though I certainly could have overlooked it. My opinion is that 2-table tourneys are similar enough to be included here, and anything higher should go in MTTs. The 180-players SNGs should certainly be in the MTT forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Its sort of an arbitrary distinction, but I agree that 2 tables are similar enough to regular SNGs to go here and anything beyond that should go over there. Its not as though we couldnt answer eachother's questions anyway but the 180 entry SNGs should be in MTT, whereas if I played a 2 table SNG I would come here for advice personally.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM

Well, the name of this forum is "1-table Tournaments", not SNG Tournaments. So, maybe that answers the question. I agree with others, however, that two-table SNG questions would be better answered by 1-table tournament players than MTT players. I'm not so sure but what 3- and 5-table SNG questions might be appropriate for this forum. Maybe the trouble is really with the forum name.

[ QUOTE ]
The 180-players SNGs should certainly be in the MTT forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently played in my first 180-player SNG at PS. I enjoyed the experience and will likely try it again soon. I'm curious about others' experiences in them. How well did your general 1-table strategy work in the 20-table game? For those with experience in both MTT and STT, did you find it more like a MTT or a STT? (I think this is on-topic since I'm really curious about the STT player's take on the 180 player games.)
Old 11-21-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the name of this forum is "1-table Tournaments", not SNG Tournaments. So, maybe that answers the question. I agree with others, however, that two-table SNG questions would be better answered by 1-table tournament players than MTT players. I'm not so sure but what 3- and 5-table SNG questions might be appropriate for this forum. Maybe the trouble is really with the forum name.

[ QUOTE ]
The 180-players SNGs should certainly be in the MTT forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently played in my first 180-player SNG at PS. I enjoyed the experience and will likely try it again soon. I'm curious about others' experiences in them. How well did your general 1-table strategy work in the 20-table game? For those with experience in both MTT and STT, did you find it more like a MTT or a STT? (I think this is on-topic since I'm really curious about the STT player's take on the 180 player games.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more like a typical MTT...hands down. I havent fared well so far but have a ridiculously small sample (25-30?).

The thing I like is being able to indulge my MTT habit when I want to, instead of being on their schedule. I simply play some STTs while doing so, as I dont think I could devote full attention to just this MTT w/o shooting myself.

But anyway, the point is, at no time does this tourney feel like an STT...nor should it.