Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 12:52 PM

Default 2 hands at PP 2-4: Trying to regain my TAGness...

Thoughts?

Hand 1:

Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

UTG calls, all fold to SB who completes. Hero raises, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Hand 2:

Hero is CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Folds to hero who raises. Folds to BB who calls.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hero raises, BB three-bets, Hero calls.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hero raises, BB three-bets, Hero calls.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 2 hands at PP 2-4: Trying to regain my TAGness...

Hand 1 I play the same, but dont honestly know if that's to week or not. Hand 2 I like, getting three bet on the river sux, but still think you're good a fair amount.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:04 PM

Hi otnemem:

In hand one, you should bet the turn or the river. Since you didn't bet the turn and no one showed aggression, you should bet the river. Sometimes players will call you with ace rag but other times they'll show you bizzaire holdings. Bet.

Hand two is spewing I think, especially on the turn. If you think the BB is full of it on the turn, raising isn't a bad plan. But when you're 3-bet you need to drop it. Also, what could he possibly be 3-betting that is counterfeited on the river? The only way your line makes sense is if he has exactly 98. I'm not willing to put in 4! more bets after your turn raise on this one hand combination. If there's a reason you're playing this way against the BB, include reads.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi otnemem:

In hand one, you should bet the turn or the river. Since you didn't bet the turn and no one showed aggression, you should bet the river. Sometimes players will call you with ace rag but other times they'll show you bizzaire holdings. Bet.

Hand two is spewing I think, especially on the turn. If you think the BB is full of it on the turn, raising isn't a bad plan. But when you're 3-bet you need to drop it. Also, what could he possibly be 3-betting that is counterfeited on the river? The only way your line makes sense is if he has exactly 98. I'm not willing to put in 4! more bets after your turn raise on this one hand combination. If there's a reason you're playing this way against the BB, include reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing about the turn in Hand #2. I was just thinking, if I had top pair on that turn, I'd probably lead out with the 4 pairing. But the three-bet should have tipped me off. And then, since I'm not capping the turn, why am I raising the river?
Old 10-22-2005, 01:17 PM

I would bet the river in hand 1. If they have an Ace, good for them. If not, at least one opponent might call.

The river is the only street in question in the 2nd hand. What would he 3-bet on the turn? Obviously a 4...99, 88, maybe a slow played big pair. Would he 3-bet with A9 or K8 or such? I think a call would be best here as you'll be 3-bet by a better hand quite often.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing about the turn in Hand #2. I was just thinking, if I had top pair on that turn, I'd probably lead out with the 4 pairing. But the three-bet should have tipped me off. And then, since I'm not capping the turn, why am I raising the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Harder to see in the heat of battle tho.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:31 PM

Hmm, now that I look at it again, folding to the turn 3-bet seems right.