Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Numerous hands to discuss

Tired of cramming all night for my history test I log on to stars to play a little poker. I actually spent more time playing poker on my cram day then I did studying. At least I have my priorities in order. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I hop on in the early hours of the morning and see a 30 + 3 two table sit n go about to fill up. I hop in and get ready to play.

Hand # 1

Blinds are currently at 50/100 and 5 people are at my table right now. Loose calling station limps in under the gun and has about T1500. Next player folds and it’s on me to act with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I have about T 2800 after doubling up on a maniac. I raise it to 400 to isolate weak calling station. Tight aggressive player on my left who has already declared war on me, reraises this is about the third time he has done this. He obviously is a Bluff1 hater and will be called such for the rest of this post. Calling station calls. I fold. Ace high flop comes aggressive player moves in and is called by calling station off course. Bluff Hater had AT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s and calling station had crap.

Hand # 2

About 30 hands later we are at the final table. The blinds are currently 100/200 and the game is squeaky tight. I haven’t played a hand to the flop since the early levels of the trny. I have managed to steal several blinds and my stack is at T3000. With 7 players left I’m in fifth position right now. It’s folded to me in middle position and I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I raise it 600. Folded to the big blind who has T1065 in chips after posting the blind. He moves all in I call and he as AA and I get no help.

Hand # 3

About 3 hands later I’m in the bb with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and have about T2000 after posting. The guy who doubled up off me raises from the cutoff and makes it 800 to go. He has me covered barely. I call with the full intention of moving in on any flop. Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I move in he calls and has Ak [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s he gets no help and I take it down.

Hand # 4

About 6 hands later bluff hater open raises from a middle position he has about T3000. He is now on my right and I have AQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s and about T 4000. He makes it 600 hundred to go I reraise it to 1500 he folds. The reason for this raise is everyone was open raising with anything they could to try to steal.

Hand # 5

A few hands later I’m on the small blind with Ak [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s it’s folded around to bluff hater on the button now with T 2800 in chips. I’m around T 4200. He raises 600 again and I moved all in on him he folds. I take down the pot.

Hand # 6

We are now in the finally 4 and the blinds are 100/200 a25. Bluff hater has been destroyed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and I’m left with 2 tough players and one decent player. Sb and chip leader raises me 200 to 400. I’m on the bb with [j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] I call. I‘m currently and in second place with about T 7000.

The flop comes [ 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]. Sb bets 200 I call.

Turn [3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] Sb bets 200 I call.

River [j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Sb bets 200 I raise it to 800 he calls my hand is good.

Hand # 7

A few hands later still 3 players in. The blinds are at 100/200 a25 still. I’m short stack with T 4470. Utg I have [5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6s]. I make it 600 to go. Sb calls and has me covered barely and bb folds.

Flop [5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] Sb bets 200 I raise it to 600 sb calls.

Turn [3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] Sb checks and I bet 1000 sb folds.

I would later go on to come back from T3000 heads up to win this one. Comments on my play would be greatly appreciated and please by highly critical.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:56 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Numerous hands to discuss

congratulations with your win [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 07:28 PM

Nice win. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 08:37 PM

I am not going to lie, this is way to many hands for one thread