Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2003, 11:38 PM

Default Two floor rulings. I\'m sure this is wrong. What\'s right?

So a few nights ago, the dealer is falling asleep and forgets to move the button for the next hand. Seat 5 had the button last hand, he gets it again. Seat 6 sees the button and puts out his sb again, Seat 7 knows it's his small and also puts out 2 chips for his SB. Hand is dealt, two folds, one limper, then someone notices and the floor is called.

His decision: There are two SB's for this hand. Next hand, Seat 6 gets the button, 7 is first to act (but third to last preflop) with no blind, 8 and 9 post SB and BB. Hand after that, 8 gets the button and posts a SB, 9 posts SB, 10 posts BB. (standard SB-SB-BB)

I really don't like this, but I can't come up with a great solution either. I think I would have given the limper back his chips and called a misdeal. But what if it was discovered right after the hand?. Maybe just give 7 the button and go BB-BB, and then SB-SB-BB? Then 6 is kind of screwed. How about playing everyone's button twice for the next round? I'm running out of ideas.

The second one is an even worse screwup by the dealer. There are three players in preflop, I don't remember the sequence, but let's say UTG raises, LP threebets, BB calls. UTG doesn't call, but dealer deals the flop. BB checks and UTG bets. LP looks at the chips in front of UTG and rightly says, WTF?

I have no idea what to do in this one. Floor let UTG call the flop 3-bet and action went on. BTW, this was in a tournament, and everyone had very short stacks, so it's even more costly than in a standard ring game.

Is there any cardroom that has a set of rules online that deal with things like this?
Old 09-16-2003, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Two floor rulings. I\'m sure this is wrong. What\'s right?

From my experiences, hand one should have been declared a misdeal, the button should have been moved to the right spot, and then hands be re-dealt.

Hand two, the burn and flop should both be taken away, the UTG player that did not finish calling/raising/folding should be given his options to do whatever, and then all the cards (including exposed from flop) should be reshuffled into the deck, and then the flop re-dealt. All players suffer/benefit from the same knowledge of having seen those three flop cards, it's just the breaks.

Anyone else handle these situations differently?