Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: 10/20 KK: what now?

preflop is excellent. i'd probably have raised to 800 or so and made a commitment decision there, but anyways 3 betting is great. don't listen to the haters.

i think his most likely hand here is a PP, dont you? basically you have to decide whether you are going to ever let this go... if you will let it go, i'd probably lead/fold to a raise all in (though i think it's ugly). most likely i'm c/r all in here. if he checks behind, then you're on your own as to how the action goes. anyways it is nice to be able to make commitment decision preflop and i think raising just 100 more or so does the trick.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:34 AM

i also like a bigger reraise or a cold call, because youre out of position and are giving away your hand strength with too little going into the pot, disregard this if the competition is soft enough that you want them to flop top pair and go broke with a junk 20 hand

just a quick question, dont mean to hijack

if in a typical 10/20 game you make it $1000 to go for a hefty three bet, will people commonly call with any hand besides KK/AA?

imo cant see a big ace just calling this sort of hypothetical reraise, its all in or fold, so if you raise to that amount you have to play KK for your entire stack on an A high board, but its still very bizarre
Old 12-26-2005, 10:03 AM

well, check it. cant see why you want to bet here, he certainly doesnt have AQ... AK and AA are possible (likely), JJ seems not so likely. clear check.
then tell us what happened next...