Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-23-2005, 10:24 AM

Default AK is SB

The preflop raiser is loose but very passive. Button is slightly loose, but passive as well.

I figured everybody was drawing to either 2-3 outs or dead, so I thought it's ok to slowplay this flop. Did not want to risk checking through the turn and wanted give the button a chance to raise me so I could 3-bet.

Thoughts?

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (12.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.00 BB.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: AK is SB

[ QUOTE ]
Did not want to risk checking through the turn and wanted give the button a chance to raise me so I could 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you cold call on the flop, I think that everyone knows you have a big Ace. You're not going to do that with an underpiar after a bet, call and a raise. I don't see anyone raising your turn bet without AK too.

Given that you are unlikely to get multiple bets in on the turn, and that 3 players have already bet or raised on the flop, I 3-bet there and then and expect them to call.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you cold call on the flop, I think that everyone knows you have a big Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, I did not 3-bet preflop. Players can only put me on a "decent" A.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:45 AM

This whole hand is a good example of FPS.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
alright, why?
If I reraise the flop I loose all pps and maybe small aces. The way I played the hand I made them all call me down.
Why is this FPS?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
alright, why?
If I reraise the flop I loose all pps and maybe small aces. The way I played the hand I made them all call me down.
Why is this FPS?

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me rephrase - your PF/Flop play are pure FPS.

You missed value on both streets by not taking the opportunity to raise. You can't say that your play forced them into calling you down. As it appears they probably would've called you down anyways. And you missed 4SBs before the flop and 2SBs on the flop.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:17 PM

When you CC 2 bets they either put you on a good ace or a 5. Pump it on the flop. Also, you described them as passive, so they arent raising you on the turn.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:44 PM

*grunch*

Looks good...maybe try for CR on turn instead of leading? Given action, think your hand is good. NH

EDIT: after reading other posts, checkraising / lead-betting flop seems preferable. With the CC, a decent player will put you on an Ace at the least (kicker is probably irrelevant) if not trip fives. That means his PP isn't good.

ScottieK
Old 12-24-2005, 01:22 AM

I dont know how you can not re-raise preflop here.

That said, I think the line you took on the flop here is fine, raising is going to lose a lot of hands that are drawing slim and seeing this to the river.

Donk betting the turn is fine as PP and weaker Aces are still calling but I dont know why on earth you would be 3 betting the passive button if he raises you.