Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 AM

Default tournament Andy B river play

Do you save the bet or go to showdown? seat 2 is Andy B

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High - Level VIII (300/600), Ante 50, Bring-In 100 (converter)

Seat 2: 7,003
Hero: 4,997

3rd Street - (0.33 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (2.33 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (6.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (8.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (8.17 BB)
Old 12-13-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: tournament Andy B river play

4th:I like the raise rather than the call myself,but I'm sure the call is just as good.
5th:Good raise.
River:Looks like Andy played it well,& you didn't catch.What can you do?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:45 PM

Yea, I think a raise on forth would have been the way to go.

Anyway since no one finds this one interesting I'll tell ya what happened. Andy showed his hand and just had a 4 in the hole, that was a huge pot to take on a bluff, well played.

After that It was something like 2500 to 8500 or something.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:06 PM

I did find that hand interesting. I wish you hadn't posted the results.

I don't think I really care for andy's sixth street play, but its hard to argue with the results.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 PM

It was getting pretty agressive if the both of us stayed in past 4th, I think I should have fought a little harder for this one. I had a feeling i was ahead on 3rd and 4th, but when he catches 3 overcards I just thought it would be better to save the last 600.

I think he knew I could throw away something like a pair of 8's against that board so I think his 6th street play was good for this situation.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 PM

I think me and andy had a few good heads up hands, i'll post a couple later.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:39 PM

I'd have raised 4th, but barring that I can't see playing it any other way. It sucks to fold the river, but really you're only beating a bluff here.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:08 PM

My thoughts on the river were to save the bet when I'm probably beat and have 4 BB's to fight with or call and probably lose and be lift with 3 BB's, I still like the fold even though it ened up being wrong here.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts on the river were to save the bet when I'm probably beat and have 4 BB's to fight with or call and probably lose and be lift with 3 BB's, I still like the fold even though it ened up being wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now instead of having 12BB's you have 4 because you were a cheapskate? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] THis illustrates why you call on the river in stud. Your play on all streets was fine except for throwing that last bet in there. FWIW I was going to post that you had to call the river even before I read the results. You gave a good player too much credit for simply betting out on a scare card twice (which good players often do sometimes). If this wasnt Andy B., but instead some random player who entered this and had 3 posts on 2+2, do you still fold? Good players are thiefs, man. You should you be just as, if not more, liable to call them (as opposed to an unknown opponent) here for that reason. You also have to pay off in these situations for metagame purposes. I know thats probably not the case here, unless you and Andy play a lot, but I just wanted to point it out.

Mike Emery
Old 12-13-2005, 11:02 PM

I thought that with 3 bets I had no chance to win the tournament, with 4 bets I had a little room.

I just got it in my head that he had to have 2 pair here, everytime he had made this sort of play he had a hand, he was playing pretty straight forward up to that point in heads up play. I realize that that is a great spot for him to bluff. I just couldn't take the chance.

Edit: your probably right though