Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Default J10s comments on all streets please

I just moved up so I think Im playing timid.

Villain is something like 60/25/3 after 60 hands. He seems very aggressive. I was lost this whole hand.

Villain had $75 at start of hand
Hero has villain covered.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$100) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls $4.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($17.00) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $15.00</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $15.00.

Turn: ($47.00) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $18.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero???
Old 12-12-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: J10s comments on all streets please

you don't have much here.

To me you've got to make a decision probably on the flop. If you are calling a PSB there, you probably have to call or push on the turn too. The real decision was on the flop. Do you raise, or do you fold. Does this guy raise the blinds a lot too or does he slow down? Some maniacs get a little more sane when badly out of position.

His turn bet looks a little scared to me, which is either the nut flush, or he's got nothing. Based on your read I think it's a move-in or fold decision here. I favor raising the flop but I think raising here is ok too. I think you are in front.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:46 PM

I've learned to fold these flops. Maybe that was a bad thing for me to learn. But if you call this flop, you're essentially playing for your stack. I don't want to back up a medium top pair with my stack, so I'm done on the flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:49 PM

pf is fine, but im peacing out on the flop bet
Old 12-12-2005, 12:49 PM

I generally play these flops by raising and folding to more resistance, or by just folding

I hate cold calling them
Old 12-12-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain is something like 60/25/3 after 60 hands. He seems very aggressive. I was lost this whole hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

With those stats, villains PFR range is HUGE. He could have 2 pair on the flop, or he could have air or overpair or FD, SD. With those stats he's firing most flops. You put yourself in a tricky situation playing a TP hand against a super aggro. Your main decision is on the flop. PSR is to 45 and he'd only have 65 left, so it would have to be a push instead. I don't think you can stand a call with your hand in the event he's got some combination of draws.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With those stats, villains PFR range is HUGE. He could have 2 pair on the flop, or he could have air or overpair or FD, SD. With those stats he's firing most flops. You put yourself in a tricky situation playing a TP hand against a super aggro. Your main decision is on the flop. PSR is to 45 and he'd only have 65 left, so it would have to be a push instead. I don't think you can stand a call with your hand in the event he's got some combination of draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice analysis.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 PM

So my plan on the flop was to push any safe turn, him for either a big pair or some sort of draw,possibly wth over cards. There arent many safe turns that could come now that I think about it, so maybe the pan was bad.

What do you guys make of this turn bet, is he giving it up or sucking me in?