Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: I have never run so bad....

Thanks, Gabe. You're a superstar. Hopefully you will continue to kick ass in poker and accounting.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:49 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Although my kicking ass skills are pretty limited to poker and generally don't include anything else that requires an intelligent thought process. Adn poker is mostly because i hit lots of sets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 01:53 AM

I still say we need an accouting for poker tutoring swap. Let me know when you're up for it.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:02 AM

Hang in their TWP. I went through the same about 2 months ago (I think I whined in one of the NL forums). I was on the ass-end of set over set 11 times in 6k hands. HOLY BAJESUS!

I started playing less tables and dropped down limits (even though I didn't have to BR wise). It just felt prudent and it worked out well for me. Sorry to hear about your downswing.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:02 AM

Ugh, I completely understand how you feel. I think that the 2+2 game a week or two ago was my last real winning night. Since then, it's just been a long string of either making very good 2nd best hands wih redraws that don't come, or making best hands hat don't hold up.

Tonight, I decided to switch back to full-ring for a little bit while I tried to rethink my game. I limped in MP with JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and ther were a few other limpers including the maniacal small blind. Flop came KQ9, check/check/check, I pot it, SB makes a HUGE overbet check-raise, I call and KQ turn a K to kick my ass. If I had been in the same situation with KQ, I would've blanked on the turn and river.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:06 AM

Sup TWP how are you doing?

I have not had a winning session in a month. $17k slide. The only time I get action on big hands (overpairs, sets, KK/AA preflop) is when I'm behind [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I get plenty of action when I'm bluffing though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Also, TT one-outer guy, what are you doing on that flop? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Actually, the big problem is that I had to take out of my roll for some things and I'm kind of locked out of Party 5/10 for about two weeks and have been for three weeks before that, so I decided to play higher and now my roll is not so good.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:12 AM

Ouch dude, that blows. Makes me feel a lot better, though. I am also frustrated that I am stuck on skins because I can't fund my party account and skins only has 2-3 tables going at any time and they all suck. I have to find a way to fund my stupid Party account. Hope things turn around for you, man.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, TT one-outer guy, what are you doing on that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowplay is the new fastplay... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 09:36 AM

I like how two people check/called a 1/5-pot bet with a set on an A-high board. Don't let KQ beat you for free!

(Also juice the pot so you can get Ax all-in by the river)
Old 12-12-2005, 05:48 PM

50K hands of up and down poker going on 2.5 months now. W00t. Ive tried everything. Tried playing more TAG, playing more LAG, focusing on reads and 2 tabling, playing auto pilot how i always used to win and 4 tabling, played full ring, played short handed, tried limit, sent hands to friends, joined cardrunners, taken numerous breaks, dropped in stakes, etc... im baffled have logged over 150k hands of winning and now its just one vicious cycle of Play good --> feel confident --> get stacked/sucked out on --> lose money --> lose confidence --> tilt --> take a break --> drop in stakes --> feel better --> start playing better --> feel confident --> get stacked --> rinse/repeat