Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: HU v 2+2er: Bottom 2 pair

I entered the bracket really early before there was the whole official signup thing so my bracket is not counting to the best of my knowledge, so you don't have to worry about me picking you to lose. And I only picked up to lose as a hedge since obviousy I would be happy if you won. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And what don't you get about this hand? I felt like raising on the flop and on the turn but that was tilt talking I'm pretty sure. Just the knowledge that I would lose the hand if I didn't raise made me want to raise, but I kinda feel looking back on it like raising is bad. It's nice to see everyone who has posted so far has agreed with that (except for you). What do you want to do where?

And I wanted to fold the river, because I knew I had lost, but I wanted to see if he had sucked out on me with AQ or AT so I checked instead of folding.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I entered the bracket really early before there was the whole official signup thing so my bracket is not counting to the best of my knowledge, so you don't have to worry about me picking you to lose. And I only picked up to lose as a hedge since obviousy I would be happy if you won. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And what don't you get about this hand? I felt like raising on the flop and on the turn but that was tilt talking I'm pretty sure. Just the knowledge that I would lose the hand if I didn't raise made me want to raise, but I kinda feel looking back on it like raising is bad. It's nice to see everyone who has posted so far has agreed with that (except for you). What do you want to do where?

And I wanted to fold the river, because I knew I had lost, but I wanted to see if he had sucked out on me with AQ or AT so I checked instead of folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is reasonable, I understand 100% if you play a big pot here you lose. That said, it's possible to put a flop raise in and not play a big pot. In my head if you call down you lose more then raising hte flop; there are a million bad cards; etc.

I *did* misread, as I'm prone to do, your description, where I thought he was wild to have any ace, a multitude of draws, etc.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:38 AM

KJ is the poster child for a hand i dont want to reraise preflop...
Old 12-12-2005, 01:42 AM

He said raise on the flop not preflop. I still don't like it. This guy won't call a raise with just an ace on this board and he is quite likely to have aces up, set, or nuts here. If I were thinking clearly, I would be closer to folding than raising. River is a clear fold if he min-bets.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:46 AM

He said preflop.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:08 AM

where? was it in the one he edited? cause in the longer one he says 'raise the flop'.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where? was it in the one he edited? cause in the longer one he says 'raise the flop'.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the one I edited, Im really tricky + sly like that
Old 12-12-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He said raise on the flop not preflop. I still don't like it. This guy won't call a raise with just an ace on this board and he is quite likely to have aces up, set, or nuts here. If I were thinking clearly, I would be closer to folding than raising. River is a clear fold if he min-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame. Wouldn't you raise the flop with air a lot of the time? I throw a raise in on the flop or turn. Anyway, raising preflop in a 3-handed blind battle does not mean he has a hand.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:18 AM

This guy, yes it does. I told you he bordered on w/t. Especially against me. He does not like to tangle with me. Especially out of position. And yes I would raise the flop on a bluff. But why bluff with a hand with some showdown potential? It's not like he's gonna call off his stack with A2 because he knows I will occasionally bluff here. And he is quite likely to have a hand. Don't I just want a cheap showdown here?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:54 AM

looks good