Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-08-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: A8o

[ QUOTE ]
Button is 17/18/5 over 60 hands

[/ QUOTE ]
It's pretty tough to play against a guy that raises 1% of the time without any cards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Once the SB folds, I call this guy down too. If the SB calls, you can muck on the turn.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's pretty tough to play against a guy that raises 1% of the time without any cards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although those stats seem highly suspicious, they are definetly possible. Imagine someone who never voluntarily puts in money on any street, but always raises the BB when it is checked to him. Then try to find some inbetween to get these stats.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although those stats seem highly suspicious, they are definetly possible. Imagine someone who never voluntarily puts in money on any street, but always raises the BB when it is checked to him. Then try to find some inbetween to get these stats.

[/ QUOTE ]
VPIP and PFR are preflop stats, and all other streets have no bearing on them.

If you NEVER EVER call or check preflop, your VPIP and PFR will be the same number. That is all.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
VPIP and PFR are preflop stats, and all other streets have no bearing on them.

If you NEVER EVER call or check preflop, your VPIP and PFR will be the same number. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err... I don't know why I said "on any street". I meant that you can have a VPIP of 0, by never playing any hand unless it is unraised to you on the button. If you choose to raise some of those hands, your PRF will be greater than 0, while your VPIP will still be 0.

Actually, maybe I am wrong on that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I guess I probably am. Never mind. I thought VPIP was when you called preflop, but I guess it can also be when you raise from the BB.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the SB folds, I call this guy down too. If the SB calls, you can muck on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not particularly worried about the SB beating us here even if he calls the river. If anything, his call probably makes me want to call even more, even though I'm calling anyways without it.

-DrG
Old 12-08-2005, 02:11 AM

You called the turn? River blank, you call

when you combine the odds i am getting on the turn to improve when behind, with the chances he is bluffing/semi bluffing, the turn call is easy.

your taking a far too simplistic view of the situation. there are a lot of players i encounter who wouldnt bet the river here w/o at least a king. of course, being a calldown addict, letting go of hands in that spot is hard for me.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:13 AM

well, there is a way to find out of u have the effective odds to call turn and river. POkerstove a likely range...say u put that range at 90 percent he has it. Then do some unlikely hands he may have make that 10 percent.

Put it into a .9(y)+.1(x) = effective call down odds. I mean, the general play is, u call a turn raise, u are almost commited to calling blank rivers. But that really depends, there is no use if u are sure u are beat more often than the odds u are getting from the pot.

But really this isnt sb vs BB, he u raised on a steal, both u and the sb call. He called your flop bet (check raise next time), and raised with both of u still in the pot. I mean, sure sometimes ppl will get tricky, but its likely he has some sort of hand here. Just because u call the turn does not mean u are forced to call the river. But I think it really becomes clearer on what do do if u CR this flop and then he raises u on the turn (because who knows, he could be the time to call and pop u with A-high or whatever on the turn, figuring your donk bet is weak).
Old 12-08-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check raise the flop, call the river. I think this is pretty standard. I hope I'm not wrong [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2005, 04:26 AM

i cant see any reason not to checkraise the flop.

as is, i like calling down.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:45 AM

c/r that flop.