Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-05-2005, 06:03 PM

Default I suck for writing this (no content)

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING VALUABLE! CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Running really, really bad does something to your sanity. At least to mine. I have no history for illusions or stuff like that, but sometimes - like today - it feels as if God himself is causing the bad beats. I am so [censored] up right now, I apologize. I run into quads again and again with a full house, getting rivered by 2- and 3-outers back to back to back to back to back, and basically [censored] [censored]. It has been like this for like forever and my bankroll is cut in half. No, almost 2/3 of it is gone.

Variance [censored] you up. I am completely baffled by what it does to my sanity. I should quit. I also hope for forgiveness if you have read this far. At least I put this rant in the proper forum. I reasonably smart but I just can not comprehend how it is possible to run as bad as this. I need to do my homework on variance and probability. Kill me.

I quit. No, I just need a hug, really. I will never become a respected member of 2+2 under this nick after this post. Again I apologize, I just needed to rant.

Oh, and I have tilted a lot.

I have a point with all this though: running really, really bad [censored] you up. OK. Be careful boys and girls, and take care!

(On a serious note, although this post is absurd and stupid, I feel like it is "OK" to post it in this forum. That this section is meant for regurgitations such as this.)
Old 12-05-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: I suck for writing this (no content)

When you put it in here and then label it "no content" in addition [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]........
Old 12-05-2005, 07:13 PM

This feels like a confession.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This feels like a confession.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah it kinda does. I can imagine being a catholic priest in the little booth listening to this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 08:58 PM

Big hugs, Angst! It'll turn around. It always does eventually. Next thing you know you'll get a full house -- and it will win!

If you're full of angst, are you full of yourself? (Sorry.)
Old 12-05-2005, 10:15 PM

Variance is one thing, tilting is something else. If your not careful you'll lose all your bankroll before your next upswing has time to kick in. Take a decent break or drop down a few levels until luck and confidence return. At least you won't go bust which is what it sounds like you are in danger of doing.