Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: TP+OESD 3-way, min bet into me and PFR

Raising in the first place would have been better. Fortunately you have a chance to rectify the situation, make about a pot-sized raise. Both opponents look weak so far, I imagine you'll take it down and if you don't you have plenty of outs, especially if you can check behind the turn.

JKratzer

Edited after rereading OP
Old 12-05-2005, 12:13 AM

I raise the flop for a few reasons:

a) You probably have the best hand
b) There are lots of hands that have at least 5 outs against you, or are vying to chop the pot.
c) It's not all that likely that you'll be bluffed off of this pot. PFR has to have a hand to make a move on this board, unless he's a maniac, and the other guy is passive.
d) You will not make any money off your straight when you get it.
e) Possible free card play

Given how you got to the spot your at... I say call, and hope the A comes.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK more discussion of the OP would be great, but just for fun, here's the next installment. I was so confused that I just flat called the min bet, even though I think raising is better. MP then raised. To $10. SB called. What do I do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, when I first read the OP, I was going to say save your raise for this spot that you now describe. Call the minbet, hope for a raise and a call, and NOW raise it up.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
problem i have with a raise to 16 is that there's now 46 in the pot and only 16 to call to the third player so he's getting 3-1, and the then once it gets back to the sb (or whatever) he'll be getting 12-62 or 12-46 which are pretty good odds (esp. including implied) for them to call with.
I would make a potsized raise, and muck if raised
if called-reeval on the turn card and bet appropriately. If its pretty innocent im betting 1/2 the pot. If its scary i'm betting nothing, and if its great i'm betting 3/4 to pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 3:1 to call is only useful if you have a draw at something. I don't really see anything with more than five outs here, with very little in the way of implied odds.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both opponents look weak so far

[/ QUOTE ]
Admittedly, TWP described villian as both bad and aggressive... but do we really read this weak raise over two opponents as a weak hand?

I would guess that he's got a big one and doesn't want to scare everybody off fairly often.

If he does have a big one... I don't think we have that many outs, and we don't get paid on any of them, we're not even sure which ones are good except for the A, and we're OOP....
Old 12-05-2005, 07:14 AM

I like to make it 25 here. I don't know why though, just standard. If you get called I probably lead the turn for full pot and fold to a raise unless I hit. If I'm in position I may take a free card/induce river bet.

I think flop play you have to raise. You're still ahead of some hands, and you want to make a bare queen pay. Also, a big pot is good when you make this hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:35 AM

Hmm, how often do you check this flop if SB checks? Almost never? I normally raise this one to 25 or 30. We might end up in a sticky spot on thre turn if they both call, but usually there will be no heavy action unless one of them has a monster so you probably get to a relatively cheap showdown with a good chance of taking it down. When MP drops, SB might stay with his weak hand/gutshot and even call a value bet on the river.

Also, I have hard times not raising minbettors =)
Old 12-05-2005, 08:55 AM

make it 35 preflop

if you just called, just call the flop. it will seem very weird. but it's better then making a huge raise, and a small raise makes things very weird. and obviously folding is very wrong.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Annoying results

So I flat called the raise to $10. Turn bring an ace. Flop min-bettor min bets again. This time, I'm afraid of a set behind me somewhat, so I raise pot. MP drops and SB calls. River is a blank. SB pushes, I call, we chop, I suck.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:59 PM

Hehe, I raise this bet until I see Mr. Minbet 3-bet me. Usually it means he is drawing. Pot it, he will call.

Course pfr could have AQ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
What the hell, make it 30 to go. Then at least you will have some idea whats going on.