Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Session review

Hmm i think reverse domination is to big of a factor for that 2KK flop with T2.

About 600292127 -
Check your stats on the Preflop raiser mate. 86/44 and his AF is: 1.62

hes a psycho!
Old 12-04-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have much 6-max experience just a lil at .5/1 but I thought I'd have a look anyways. Just started looking through the hands you lost on so far. Sorry for the ugly post, didn't see a converter for prima.

hand 600282597
you have K J UTG, you raise 4 stay.

6 3 3 flop (9sb)
checked around, button bets, sb raises, so its 12sb to you.

With a paired board, Loose opponents, an only K high is this the correct call?

hand 600244454
you have J 10 in sb, button raise, 3 to flop

2 10 4 flop(7sb)
you bet, CO calls, button raises, you call, CO calls

5 turn(6.5bb)
you check, CO bets, button raises and you're forced out.

with the LAG button and top pair would a flop 3-bet not be in order and lead out turn if flop isn't capped? Like I said, I'm new to 6-max but I don't like folding TP this easily.

I'll look at the rest later and post if I see much else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see these hands, but in hand one this is a clear flop fold.

In hand 2, I like a 3 bet preflop or a preflop coldcall- flop checkraise on any board at all helpful. But I think I prefer a preflop 3 bet if button isn't too passive.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm i think reverse domination is to big of a factor for that 2KK flop with T2.

About 600292127 -
Check your stats on the Preflop raiser mate. 86/44 and his AF is: 1.62

hes a psycho!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you limped in the sb. If not then can you state the action again?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:07 PM

I raised KJo preflop UTG+1(MP if you want to call it that) then i get 3bet by the maniac from BB which i call and the flop is 4way.

T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] $6

BB bets, I call getting 13:1(6.50:50cents)
Old 12-04-2005, 05:10 PM

I have a hard time reviewing without knowing table condition (that is why I prefer videos), so if reads come into play my advice may change

I play $1/2 6max and can be a little too aggressive at times

Hand 600209067 - 66 UTG

I don't like the limp, I raise or fold (raise more than fold). HU vs. SB Flop 7 8 5, SB leads I prefer a raise rather than a call (maybe a call & raise turn sometimes).
You have a decent hand and a very good draw if behind plus the potential to take a free card on the turn.

Hand 600213127 - A7o SB

Might consider raising this instead of just calling.
3 way - SB, BB, Button (6SB) Flop 738 I think I lead this flop more often then not, I don't know if you planned to c/r the flop and noone bet. With the PFR to your left I prefer to bet and have him raise rather than trying to c/r and trap Button.

Hand 600214977 - 99 CO

What range are you putting UTG raiser on? Im dont think I like this fold without a read.

Hand 600217723 - 66 Button

I dont know if I like this fold, CO seems aggressive enough that with position and expecting it probably 5-way I think I call for set value with implied odds.

Hand 600226769 - 73s BB

Questionable call preflop, Im not saying its wrong but its close. Bet the river.

Hand 600244454 - JTs SB

Don't like you post-flop line. CO is too aggressive, Im showing this down alot. I prefer a c/r flop line, lead turn if not 3-bet.

Hand 600272592 - A7o CO

Might consider raising this depending on the blinds, UTG limp means nothing as he has been raising with anything remotely decent.

Hand 600275122 - KJo BB

What about c/r the flop, or even maybe the turn depending on the CO. Nothing horrible about your line, just seems a little passive.

Hand 600282597 - KJo UTG

Ugh. I don't like this at all. It may be closer than I make it sound but it just feels wrong. Either continuation bet or fold to the raise. I have a hard time explaining why I don't like calling this because it is close but I don't like it.
Easy call of one bet but the c/r concerns me even if it is from an extreme lag. The more I think about I think I sometimes play the same and I don't like when I play it that way.

Hand 600298415 - QQ UTG

Just curious as to what you would of done had BB checked? Think you play the hand fine.

Hand 600300906 - ATs

Why do you not continuation bet the flop? You have the best hand a decent % of the time.

Hand 600310437 - A8o Button

Consider raising w/ one limper depending on the blinds

Hand 600315376 - KQs Button

Did you consider raising the turn at all? I don't know what read you had on UTG but I probably raise folding to a 3-bet, and putting one bet in on the river if he just calls he turn raise. Its close but something to consider.

Overall a decent session. You are a little tighter than me and a little more passive. There are quite a few other hands I would have played slightly differently but I think the differences are close enough that I don't know whose approach would have been better.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 PM

I disagree that the flop call with KJ getting 12:1 was bad. What hand is he going to make second best against on that board, If he hits he is good a large % of the time.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 PM

Okay, I got confused. The last post you made before this one, you were talking about two hands. I thought you were just talking about one.

Post the T2s with the board KK2 and see what others say.

two overs 13-1 3 left to act behind you, only one of whom is agro, good call

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing other peoples opinion about the two AJ hands.

BTW, i don't have access to your opponents stats. I wouldn't recommend the checkraise turn lead line in that one hand unless the players stats were right: TAGish or very LAGish and he wasn't a maniac.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 PM

JT1,

AJo out of the BB, When I was reviewing the hand I considered leading and considered c/r. I have a little trouble with hands like these. Given the PFR I think I need to hit to win, or we have to bet the turn and river (and even then we are still getting called by most pairs). I have a hard time seeing someone fold any hand that we beat and we are behind a very large % of the range of a UTG raiser.

T2 on a KK2 flop. I tend to bet it but I don't think it is a huge mistake not to. The pot is small and your hand is difficult to play if you get called because the safe cards that can come are unknown to you. I am willing to give up on a small pot like this when my hand is not that strong and very vulnerable.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time reviewing without knowing table condition (that is why I prefer videos), so if reads come into play my advice may change

I play $1/2 6max and can be a little too aggressive at times

Hand 600209067 - 66 UTG

I don't like the limp, I raise or fold (raise more than fold). HU vs. SB Flop 7 8 5, SB leads I prefer a raise rather than a call (maybe a call & raise turn sometimes).
You have a decent hand and a very good draw if behind plus the potential to take a free card on the turn.

<font color="blue">Yeah it should be a raise or fold, But getting 3bet or folding that hand both sucked. I have problems raising 22-77 and sometimes 88. Need to change this once i "settle down" </font>

Hand 600213127 - A7o SB

Might consider raising this instead of just calling.
3 way - SB, BB, Button (6SB) Flop 738 I think I lead this flop more often then not, I don't know if you planned to c/r the flop and noone bet. With the PFR to your left I prefer to bet and have him raise rather than trying to c/r and trap Button.

<font color="blue">I planned to Check/Call or check fold depending on what the other guy did. Didn't want to be raised by a bigger PP but i think i should have bet this. </font>

Hand 600214977 - 99 CO

What range are you putting UTG raiser on? Im dont think I like this fold without a read.
<font color="blue">TT-AA, AKo/AQo/AJo/ATs Big pairs/Broadways with 7% PFR maybe a few more that i've left out though.</font>

I dont know if I like this fold, CO seems aggressive enough that with position and expecting it probably 5-way I think I call for set value with implied odds.

<font color="blue">Considered it and definalty would from BB, but SB seems to much to call. Hmmm tough one. </font>

Hand 600226769 - 73s BB

Questionable call preflop, Im not saying its wrong but its close. Bet the river.

<font color="blue">LOL, I actully meant to here(No bs). Just misclick. The preflop call yeah, BB/SB limps i need to check on as i tend to limp most Suited stuff from BB to 1raise and call SB unraised. </font>

Hand 600244454 - JTs SB

Don't like you post-flop line. CO is too aggressive, Im showing this down alot. I prefer a c/r flop line, lead turn if not 3-bet.

<font color="blue">Folding best hand, priceless eh!? When the passive(Infact fairly aggresive as he has high VPIP) bet and CO raised i thought i was behind big time. Hard fold, Was going to post this seperately actually. </font>

Hand 600272592 - A7o CO

Might consider raising this depending on the blinds, UTG limp means nothing as he has been raising with anything remotely decent.

<font color="blue">Blinds we're to loose to raise and limping this was horrible so i folded.</font>

Hand 600275122 - KJo BB

What about c/r the flop, or even maybe the turn depending on the CO. Nothing horrible about your line, just seems a little passive.

<font color="blue">Yeah i thought i was ahead in this hand from the turn, But didn't have a strong read(Notes wise, Not PT stats) to throw in another raise. Hes such a crazy guy i had him on a made hand here(Think he bet bluffs but when he raised he usually had something). Little did i know... </font>

Hand 600282597 - KJo UTG

Ugh. I don't like this at all. It may be closer than I make it sound but it just feels wrong. Either continuation bet or fold to the raise. I have a hard time explaining why I don't like calling this because it is close but I don't like it.
Easy call of one bet but the c/r concerns me even if it is from an extreme lag. The more I think about I think I sometimes play the same and I don't like when I play it that way.

<font color="blue">LOL, Tough hand hey? Yeah i had him on a total bluff as he's such a big LAG. When my jack fell on river obviously overcalls were perfect due to:
Potentially losing to better/Him bluffing &amp; Winning more from overcalls.</font>

Hand 600298415 - QQ UTG

Just curious as to what you would of done had BB checked? Think you play the hand fine.

<font color="blue">SB Checked? Hehe probably Checked then folded or called for one depending on how many back to me(Folding to a raise, Calling maybe 1 and wondering wtf they are calling with)</font>

Hand 600300906 - ATs

Why do you not continuation bet the flop? You have the best hand a decent % of the time.
<font color="blue">Not sure, I figured not many would fold and a king would slowplay me. Infact im struggling to find a reason for this play, Error on my part i guess. mainly due to no one folding, but thats illlogical as i make cash when they don't fold! </font>

<font color="blue">I tend to never raise AXo with 1limper. Without sure... </font>

Hand 600315376 - KQs Button

Did you consider raising the turn at all? I don't know what read you had on UTG but I probably raise folding to a 3-bet, and putting one bet in on the river if he just calls he turn raise. Its close but something to consider.

<font color="blue">yeah, i litrally hovered on the riase button because hes such a wierd lag. </font>

Overall a decent session. You are a little tighter than me and a little more passive. There are quite a few other hands I would have played slightly differently but I think the differences are close enough that I don't know whose approach would have been better.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">yeah i'm tight, a bit to tight for 6max and 10max infact. I'm workong on my post flop then i'm adjusting my preflop play's and SB/BB plays/Steals. Seems a logical way to improve.

CHEERS ALL - MUCH APPRECIATED, Quite comforting not to see MAJOR misplays and the fact i considered pretty much all of the lines you've also considered. </font>
Old 12-04-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 600214977 - 99 CO

<font color="blue">TT-AA, AKo/AQo/AJo/ATs Big pairs/Broadways with 7% PFR maybe a few more that i've left out though.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Even given that range you should call. If it ends up HU you are a 41-58 Dog but you have only put in 36% of the money. If the blinds call you are still in good shape equity wise. Sure you will have to fold oon the flop alot but a preflop call is borderline correct I think.

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Considered it and definalty would from BB, but SB seems to much to call. Hmmm tough one. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You were the button, from the blinds its still probably correct (especially considering you have already put money in) but with position I think this should be an easy call.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 600272592 - A7o CO

<font color="blue">Blinds we're to loose to raise and limping this was horrible so i folded.</font>

And

<font color="blue">I tend to never raise AXo with 1limper. Without sure... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

How loose the blinds are isn't nessecairly the concern, it is more how well they play post-flop. The looser they are the more likely you have the best hand.

As for not raisng AXo with 1 limper, consider it sometimes. Limpers generally suck. I think A8 and A7 are decent enough to do it occasionally. This will help you lossen up a little and get more aggressive. Not syaing you have to do it, but atleast begin considering it.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 600300906 - ATs

<font color="blue">Not sure, I figured not many would fold and a king would slowplay me. Infact im struggling to find a reason for this play, Error on my part i guess. mainly due to no one folding, but thats illlogical as i make cash when they don't fold! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You will have the best hand a decent % of the time. When you have the best if they don't fold that is good for you. Sure sometimes they will hit on the turn or river, but sometimes they wont. Sometimes you'll hit too.
If someone is slowplaying it will cost you a bet or two but in the long run you will gain more from picking these pots up than you will lose