Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: Yor tip for her:
More than $5 0 0%
$5 1 1.82%
$4 0 0%
$3 8 14.55%
$2 27 49.09%
$1 19 34.55%
$0 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2005, 10:06 PM

Default OT: I won a seat to the $700k, should I play?

I play the 27 turbos on stars. Today I used 3600fpps to enter a STT satalite to the sunday $700k and I won [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
I have had some limited success in MTTs, but I'm much more of a STT player.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: OT: I won a seat to the $700k, should I play?

Do you want to? I think the more EV+ desicion is keeping the buyins. But playing might be great fun.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 PM

Take the money and run. Thats 19.6 buyins at the $27s. I've won 3 of these things and there is nothing quite like regenerating cash through STTs. Your BR never goes down during your T$ play, and cash just keeps getting added to your $ account over and over and over again. You should easily add at least $2-400 to your BR during your T$ play.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:12 PM

Of course you should play.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the money and run. Thats 19.6 buyins at the $27s. I've won 3 of these things and there is nothing quite like regenerating cash through STTs. Your BR never goes down during your T$ play, and cash just keeps getting added to your $ account over and over and over again. You should easily add at least $2-400 to your BR during your T$ play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I haven't hit the big one, but I've lucked my fair share of the T$215's. Nothing quite as rewarding as "freerolling" the SnG's. Of course if you're one of those 100+BI freaks - playing for the big $$ might be a kick. Hard to advise not knowing your BR, but I'd milk every last T$ at the 27's.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:33 PM

Congrats! Take the 20 buy-ins.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:38 PM

I won a seat as well -
I am a 50+5 SNG player.

I'm going to take a shot and play on Sunday.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:34 AM

I think you should cash out the entry, see how it looks in your account and then decide whether you want to play the $215 MTT.

I doubt most of us playing the $27s would give serious consideration to entering the big buy-in MTT. That is, if the entry didn't appear to be free. But remember, you paid for those FPP.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:48 AM

I remember when I first started playing online, and I won a seat via an STT satellite for the Saturday night tourney on Party. I didn't have much MTT experience, and didn't have much of a bankroll, either (probably between $500 and $1000 at the time). I ended up making it fairly deep and won something like $800, effectively doubling my BR. That tournament enabled me to play higher stakes and allowed me to make a lot more money than I was before.

You seem to be a solid player and I'm guessing you have a decent-sized roll to be playing the 30's. I'd play the tournament and see if I could make a score big enough to affect the stakes I play, or just to provide a cushion until I'm comfortable moving up. You can always grind out $200 playing SNGs if you really need that buy-in.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I haven't hit the big one, but I've lucked my fair share of the T$215's. Nothing quite as rewarding as "freerolling" the SnG's. Of course if you're one of those 100+BI freaks - playing for the big $$ might be a kick. Hard to advise not knowing your BR, but I'd milk every last T$ at the 27's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would play the big game with it.