Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games

Old 11-25-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Backgammon (Bet65) Rake Question

I'm doing an ECD promo at Bet65 backgammon and the rake is 10% at a $1 gsme. This seems very high. I don't care about the $50 I deposited, I've been wanting to learn how to play for a long time and they have "school" games. I know I'm going to try to win 50 points ($50 without rake) or go bust trying.

My question is: Can this rake be beaten in the long term after I clear my promo?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Backgammon (Bet65) Rake Question

Their rake is high.

It is beatable, but you have to play well, and find bad opponents.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 PM

Where is a better rake structure for backgammon? What's fair? 5%?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:40 AM

At many levels, the rake is significantly better at GamesGrid. You can also try TrueMoneyGames.

See GamesGrid's rake comparison page.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:01 PM

You need a hell of an edge to beat a 10% rake in BG. You could do it at match play against opponents who are totally clueless about match equities, or in money play against opponents who can't resist big cubes, but otherwise you are going to have a tough time realizing any profit.

The problem with internet BG for money has been the sharks are very good and the fish bust out quickly so they don't stay around long.

There are so many competitive non-$ contests that most casual players just don't play for $ online at all.

If the site you are referring to is a skin of GammonEmpire then my experience there is that you could possibly be profitable at teh $1 stakes, but your earn would be nothing to write home about.

I personally dislike that software, but I'm a Gamesgrid diehard. I also like the Truemoneygames software.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:21 PM

I play at true money games, only because of the software. I heard that there are a lot of fish playing gammonempire, but I can't be bothered. There really isn't that much money to be made at backgammon online, so I play for fun. The great thing about true money games is that it gives you different options to move the checkers. You can roll a 3-1 and make the 5 point by just right clicking the point. This reduces the number of clicks in half and you don't have to move the mouse. Might sound silly to some, but for me it means a lot.