Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 03:11 PM

Default I\'m so lost. 6-max hand

First of all 6max is hard. I still cant understand when to fold, or call down with middle pair. Half of the times players keep doking you with small pocket pairs and the other times they really have top pairs. Also loose and passive fish, dont raise their premium hands like AQ, AK all the time and I end up losing a lot of money heads up mostly. Another thing. It's folded to me in the button on a full ring game and I have a hand lik J9o or so and I raise. I am getting reraised 80% of the time when I try this shorthanded.
Villain is a loose and semipassive postflop
I have a small flush draw on the turn so I decide to call it since it might be good HU. The pot is big on the river so I make a crying call.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
Old 11-25-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: I\'m so lost. 6-max hand

turn call is fine with 7/flush outs. Dump it on the river. You get shown a J or 5 here (or a flush) almost every time (like &gt;95%)
Old 11-25-2005, 04:09 PM

Agreed with river fold.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:24 PM

About getting rearaised, get pokertracker (if you dont have it, you didnt post villain stats so i'm assuming you dont). PT will show you if trying a steal from the button is profitable based on your opponents VPIP and PFR %'s
Old 11-25-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
turn call is fine with 7/flush outs. Dump it on the river. You get shown a J or 5 here (or a flush) almost every time (like &gt;95%)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi

If he hit the diamond is he betting the river or not?

Mack
Old 11-25-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this at the beginning, and against a [censored] non-thinking player it's good

however, a LOT of people will make this play with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x/K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x, even decent players - you're getting almost 10-1 on your river call
Old 11-25-2005, 04:50 PM

I think you can safely dump this on the river against a normal non-laggy opponent but call if he is over aggressive.

In most situations you don't have to play 6 Max any different to full ring. You can no more get away with calling down with mediocre hands than you can normally. Reads play the biggest roll in whether you call down with middle pair or whether you do not. You will not be losing much if you ere on the side of caution. As SSHE says if it is close between staying with a hand and folding then tend to fold if the pot is small. Most of the money made at $1 $2 6 Max is in getting called down with king high and the like when you do have a good hand and by the extra fun maniac who tries to buy every pot with junk!
Old 11-25-2005, 04:54 PM

yeah, he should bet a diamond.

i like this hand until, as jax said, the river call.

and hemstock: try very hard not to fool yourself into thinking these players are good. 6-max can seem sooo hard at times, just because the slightly laggier players that migrate there really wreck havoc when you're not hitting flops mainly. other times, you'll just think, "wow i'm the master of the poker universe."

just to give you an idea of normal variance, i just got done playing a 2.5 hour session (played about 6-700 1/2 6-max hands at 4 tables). i lost 50 bb at one table, but i won 50 bb overall....

eventually you just get used to it.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:51 PM

Actually 6max players are miles miles worse than full ring and thats why its kinda difficult to adjust. Players call and bet with absolutely crap. I mean I see hands like 62o almost every hand. I'll propably play full ring a little bit more until my 2001fp arrives (yea Im bragging [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) because multitabling 6max with overlap looks like a no no.