Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Greg\'s Turkey Day interactive blind quiz

Grunch:

1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

A: I think that I would reraise the pf and evaluate the texture of the board on the flop to see if it is worth continuing. I dont like that the A may be out kicked. I love the flush and two pair potential. I think reraising would allow us to take control of this hand since it is heads up. Otherwise fold if so inclinded. Never a call though.

2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

Fold, the pot is too small.

3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

TAG may be trying to isolate a loose passive or two. Since they are passive, I would Cold Call (I know its contraversial) since the passives will probably just call and not raise we will see the flop and evaluate from there. I like building the pot since the the 99 plays well in a big pot.

4) You are in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

Fold: I dump hands like this. The A gets me in trouble too much.

5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

A: I might play this against three cold callers. Probably not two.

6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

A: I dont think I play this one either. Probably not even with three.

7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

Call for one bet.

8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Call.

9) You are in the SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

Call, we dont want to pay too much to see this pot but the read on BB says we might. I wouldn't pay on the button but half a bet seems like an ok risk here.

10) You are in the BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

Raise. Take control of the pf action.

11) Same as #10, only the button (LAG) raises.

Fold.