Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Greg\'s Turkey Day interactive blind quiz

Oh of course. If the game is there it's an easy move.

Loose table > Tight table >>>> Not playing
Old 11-24-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yeah it's close, but going up from A9s, we hit ATs and then AJs - when do we see a flop?

i'm really jaded from playing 6-max, and this is a full ring hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you fold A9s to a raise in 6max? (I've just joined 6max [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a PFR% of 15 or higher, I'd call. Any lower and I'd probably fold

[/ QUOTE ]

You talking 10 max right?
Old 11-24-2005, 03:24 PM

I was talking about an UTG raise in 6-max.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with jaxUp's post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
This thread was where I got this hand from. Thanks for linking it.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I think calling here is a significant mistake. At a generic tight table his opening range is going to have you dominated a significant portion of the time here, and the only hand you are really beating is KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if calling is a mistake, there's no way it could be a significant one. It's just one bet, preflop, with a strong hand with flush potential to boot.

Also, you MUST raise the 88 hand. We're missing tons of set value by not doing so. This is one of those decisions where a preflop decision can have a significant impact on the EV of the hand, which is generally not the case, relative to postflop play.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however, if you could choose a game based purely on vpip, would anyone choose the 25/5 game over the 40/5 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm thinking long term with poker playing (becoming a better poker player), I'll take the 25/5 game and give up some .2 BB/100 of EV. If I want to play multi-table ABC poker, it's the 40/5 game and I'll turn my brain off for the next hour or so.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:45 PM

Hmm interesting, I usually fold but ill reraise or call ATs.

Just getting to grips, then im ditching this preflop chart [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

need to learn what good points a hand needs(High card>Flush>Straight potential).

But i'm always rusty with when to re-raise and when to just call i.e. AT/ATs....
Old 11-24-2005, 05:10 PM

1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

fold. I think I'm dominated too often. I think I'd fold ATs also.

2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

fold

3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

If I think some of the passives might fold then I raise. Otherwise I just call.

4) You are in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

ffold

5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

fold (I have no idea when I should be playing this)

6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)
call

7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

call

8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

RR

9) You are in the SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

fold

10) You are in the BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

check, only because I don't want to get in a tough spot post-flop.

11) Same as #10, only the button (LAG) raises.

call
Old 11-24-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A 9 in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Call. You're getting 3.5 to 1 with a pretty good hand. There are lots of ways for you to win this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5 8. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Complete. You're suited and have some connectedness. Pure suited junk like 93s I would fold.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9 9 in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Call, planning on seeing a multi-way flop and check-raising a favorable one. I don't like re-raising here because it would not get you heads-up, and you'd be out of position anyways.

[ QUOTE ]
4) You are in the BB with A 5. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

4. Fold. You have junk and are probably dominated if you flop top pair.

[ QUOTE ]
5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9 8 BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

[/ QUOTE ]

5. Call. 2 cold callers is a borderline call, 3 is an easy call. You're getting 5:1 immediate odds and are in great position to pump a draw on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5 5. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

[/ QUOTE ]

6. Call. Implied odds will make up for what seems to be a slightly immediately unprofitable play. Again, with 3 cold-callers, it's an easy call.

[ QUOTE ]
7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6 5 in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

7. Call. Tremendous immediate odds with a suited connector.

[ QUOTE ]
8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T T.

[/ QUOTE ]

8. Call, planning on betting a favorable flop. At this point, a raise just bloats the pot. I don't think a 3-bet is bad, but I think our edge is small enough here to wait to see the flop first.

[ QUOTE ]
9) You are in the SB with 2 2. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

[/ QUOTE ]

9. Fold. You can't play for set value, and 22 isn't a good hand to be playing OOP vs. an unpredictable player.

[ QUOTE ]
10) You are in the BB with 8 8. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

10. Raise. With 7 limpers, we're probably doing well with 88. This pot is gonna be big on the flop anyways. By raising, we push an equity edge that we have now, and also give ourselves good odds to draw to our set if faced with a bet on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

11. Call. We're not going to isolate the LAG, so we're playing this mostly for set value. Also, we allow ourselves a chance to check/raise the flop and blow away the field on an especially favorable flop if we decide to continue unimproved.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:45 PM

grunching....

1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A 9 in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

probably fold cause its heads up so you dont have the flushdraw value?

2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5 8. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

i would most likely fold here as well, same reason as for hand 1, not enough value to go for the flush.

3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9 9 in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

i think i am 3betting here, his hand range is pretty big and im fairly sure you will be able to limit the callers somewhat, at least being able to fold BB.
of course calling it you get get the set value which will take down a huge pot, yeah i think i call. aha i dont know. stupid quiz [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] (jk)

4) You are in the BB with A 5. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

fold!

5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9 8 BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

i call here, i think its big enough with implied odds. and no my answer doesnt change with 3, i still call.

6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5 5. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

nope its called either way

7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6 5 in the BB.

Call... totally standard

8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T T.

3bet for value.

9) You are in the SB with 2 2. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

this one is tough. with any weakness from BB im raising here. considering BB's stats i probably just complete here.

Edit: YALL DISREPECTIFIED THE DUCKS! I RAISE JUST CAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE SAY FOLD. IF BB WANTS TO 3BET GOOD FOR HIM I WILL FLOP QUADS! YARRR!

10) You are in the BB with 8 8. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

Rizzle for the vizzle!! (raise for value)

Cizzle for the sizzle!! (call for set)