Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Greg\'s Turkey Day interactive blind quiz

One thing that is great about SSHE is the hand quizzes. I am proud to say I now get every question, okay nearly every question, correct. (There are one or two that still trip me up I’ll admit.) One thing it does not have, however, is much on blind play, which becomes increasingly important in tighter and tougher games. I have long realized this was the weak point of my game, so yeah maybe this is self-serving to some extent. But if I have this issue I’m sure I’m not the only one. Anyway, here is a blind hand quiz.

But this won’t be any ordinary quiz, folks. I want this to be interactive. I would like to challenge everyone to come up with one question. Try and contrive a situation you think is borderline or difficult and pose it for consideration from the other posters.

Also, when you answer a question, don’t just say, “call” or “fold” or whatever. Give some justification. You don’t have to write an essay, but at least provide a sentence or two.

1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

4) You are in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

9) You are in the SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

10) You are in the BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

11) Same as #10, only the button (LAG) raises.

Oh, when responding please quote the questions. That makes it easier to see what you are refering to. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Greg\'s Turkey Day interactive blind quiz

[ QUOTE ]

1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
call and play wa/wb with a flopped ace. c/r a 9, a flush draw, or a combo gutshot/overcard/bdfd flop, like 568 with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. after this hand i leave the table.

[ QUOTE ]
2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
i fold this. depending on how much bb raises, i will call hands like 87o and 65s.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
just call. bb will likely fold anyway, and you won't thin the field against the loose players. you will bloat the pot out of position with a pair of 9s. you have great position to either bet the flop when you hit a set or c/r the flop when you want to protect your hand.

[ QUOTE ]
4) You are in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
i fold this. AXo hands, in my experience, do not do well in raised pots. you will usually only get bets in postflop with the worst hand.

[ QUOTE ]
5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

[/ QUOTE ]
call. my answer becomes a happier call with 3 cold callers.

[ QUOTE ]
6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

[/ QUOTE ]
call again. flop a set, check raise the field, and profit immensely.

[ QUOTE ]
7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
i definitely call this getting 9:1. i call this with only one coldcaller from the bb (this would be 5.5:1).

[ QUOTE ]
8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
now i make it three. this is similar to the 99 hand, but i now have position on at least one of these guys, and tens are of course, better than nines.

[ QUOTE ]
9) You are in the SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

[/ QUOTE ]
he's from LA? makes sense. i fold.

[ QUOTE ]
10) You are in the BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
raise. tie them to the pot for when you hit your set.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
make it 3 and hope they all call.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:05 PM

It would be nice if you could make this a poll somewow, but here goes.

[ QUOTE ]

1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Fold. You're dominated 99% of the time and OOP. Not a good spot to be heads up.

[ QUOTE ]

2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

2) Fold. This is a weak hand that needs a big pot to be profitable. Not here.

[ QUOTE ]

3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

3) Call. You could be behind and a 3-bet might not force anyone out. This hand can easily be played for set value. I'd call with any pair here.

[ QUOTE ]

4) You are in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

4) Fold. Multiway pot facing a raise and you have a weak Ace out of position. Nothing good about this hand.

[ QUOTE ]

5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

[/ QUOTE ]

5) This one is very close. Blind structure is important here. If it's 1/2 or 2/3 I call. 1/3 I fold.

[ QUOTE ]

6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

[/ QUOTE ]

6) Call it.

[ QUOTE ]

7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

7) Call.

[ QUOTE ]

8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

8) 3-bet, but it's close.

[ QUOTE ]

9) You are in the SB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

[/ QUOTE ]

9) I would like a pretty good idea of how often the BB will raise. I probably call.

[ QUOTE ]

10) You are in the BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

10) Check. Not enough flops that 88 is going to like here. See a flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

11) Call, play it for set value.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:23 PM

I agree with the answers so far, except for the 99. I think that's an easy 3-bet. 99 is a huge hand against the LAG's range and you don't want to make it easy for the BB to come along. 3-bet and get it HU.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the answers so far, except for the 99. I think that's an easy 3-bet. 99 is a huge hand against the LAG's range and you don't want to make it easy for the BB to come along. 3-bet and get it HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think you can get this pot heads up? A 3-bet *might* force out 1 or 2 limpers. Plus you are OOP.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think you can get this pot heads up? A 3-bet *might* force out 1 or 2 limpers. Plus you are OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I'm sorry I thought this was a blind steal topic. I don't read so good.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling this, If an ace flops i guess its a WA/WB (KK-TT)/(AK-AT) respectively.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Limped, Well i'll complete in the SB. 5:1 right? (BB+Limp+SB paid = 5SB:1 Call)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
BB will probably fold, if he Re-Raised we're unlucky and he must have a monster(OOP/3Betting).

If we miss the flop C/f,
If we hit out set Bet/Call(or Re-raise).
If we hit a flop like: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] We can Check-Raise the PFR(Protectection, Depending on pot size though we may have to wait for turn)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
6:1 with Ace+Junk I'm folding this, I dont like hitting an ace OOP vs Raiser with so many in the pot.

I'm a wimp [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2+2+2(bb prob calls)+.50(sb paid) = 8.50:1.50 I'll call and
Check/Raise if we flop a flush draw/OESD,
Check/Call if we flop a GutshotStraightDraw and whatever else.

3cold callers just gives me even better odd's so i'll be calling for sure then!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Call, with more callers betting odds/Implied so no it's still a call.

C/r Flop set, C/f missed.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

9:1 to call, Yep Limped!
Raise flush draw/OESD Etc.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call again, Don't want to re-raise as position sucks.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold it, 22 and potentially raised = The suck.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow 7callers and we have a free roll, I'd call but a raise is sooo tempting(IMPLIED!)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Call, They are all probably calling again anyway.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
call and play wa/wb with a flopped ace. c/r a 9, a flush draw, or a combo gutshot/overcard/bdfd flop, like 568 with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. after this hand i leave the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Table selection at the micros is overrated. Besides, tight tables allow you to play a LAG game from mid-late and late position, which is lots of fun.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:57 PM

I think the first A9s hand is a fold.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the first A9s hand is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fold or call, i think it may be a small winner overtime though.

Why are you not keen to play it? Domination? Guess i'd be more likly to play depending on the guys PFR % (Higher = More likly)