Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Big pot with TT on QQ board.

By the way, I usually three bet this flop just because I don't like people screwing around against my continuation bets. In a vacuum, I like your line best.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 AM

I think the river is borderline. I'm not sure if he is very likely to call with the hands you are beating. I think you are very often ahead here, but if he is decent he will likely lay down his 44-99 (minus 77) to the river bet. Personally I don't think he is likely calling enough to make it worth losing your stack to an oddly played Q or 2 or 77 that hit.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 AM

Hmm, by the way, aren't you just folding out worse hands (barring JJ) and letting better hands get your money here? He might fold a 2 aswell but that's pretty much it
Old 11-22-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, by the way, aren't you just folding out worse hands (barring JJ) and letting better hands get your money here? He might fold a 2 aswell but that's pretty much it

[/ QUOTE ]

What Q or 2 checks here? I mean, I'm obviously calling.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:14 AM

Reraise on the flop and then if he goes over you fold. He has to turn over a monster to call you on the flop or raise you on the flop.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:23 AM

Hard to evaluate the flop in a vaccuum. You went with your gut at the table and that is fine. I don't get the river push. I guess your trying to get him to lay down the hands that beat you 2x, 77, JJ, KK-AA. I suppose the first three are possible, the last two seem unlikely given preflop play. And if you have the better hand, you are missing value as he's not calling you without a queen, whereas he may call a small river donkbet with hands you beat.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:29 AM

It's noteworthy that he folded to your preflop reraise in a previous hand, but are these aggressive players really the type that we want to try this move on? Isn't it better if it's a tight-weak guy?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's noteworthy that he folded to your preflop reraise in a previous hand, but are these aggressive players really the type that we want to try this move on? Isn't it better if it's a tight-weak guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? The point of the preflop hand was that this guy is willing to steal, and isn't donking around with power hands preflop. After his preflop call I put him on a PP or some decent big cards/decent ace. I think JJ+ reraises here given how aggro he is. On the flop, his checkraise tells me he very likely doesn't have a Q, but my call tells him I'm kinda afraid. I think the turn I should push, because the pot is big enough that protecting from a possible 6 outer is a worthy goal, but at no point in this hand did I really think I was behind his range.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:38 AM

What hands make a mistake against you on the river? After taking a glance at the stack sizes it's not as bad as it looks at first, but I still don't get it. Normally you bluff if you can't win by checking... representing a hand that's just a little bit better than what you actually hold is a recipe for making -EV bets. Did you actually expect him to call with something worse? Or you were making this (small?!) bet to somehow move him off of exactly AA/KK/JJ?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this line is pretty much perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that quote is pretty much tainted. i still see Q-rag calling this. i would've checked behind.