Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 05:56 PM

Default A Post on Variance

I'm thinking of writing a post on variance over Thanksgiving Break and hopefully some of the solid posters will help contribute. I feel like if people understand it (actually, truly get it), then they'll be able to roll with the punches more. It's so easy to get angry at some imaginary thing when you don't understand it and think you're the unluckiest person in the world. Does this sound like a good idea? Waste of time? It just seems like so many posters struggle with this (I, of course, used to too). If we sticky it er whatever you call it, then it could be a good go-to source for people.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: A Post on Variance

i dont see how this could be a BAD idea!

honestly with the knowledge on this board it could make for a very informative read.

i know it'll help the newer players who think that all the bad beats come their way, or that just because they're up during the past 2 weeks that they should go pro.

so i say post away!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:37 PM

yes!

sounds like a great idea...
Old 11-21-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of writing a post on variance over Thanksgiving Break and hopefully some of the solid posters will help contribute. I feel like if people understand it (actually, truly get it), then they'll be able to roll with the punches more. It's so easy to get angry at some imaginary thing when you don't understand it and think you're the unluckiest person in the world. Does this sound like a good idea? Waste of time? It just seems like so many posters struggle with this (I, of course, used to too). If we sticky it er whatever you call it, then it could be a good go-to source for people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding the concept of variance.

I am not sure a dumbed down post is going to help anybody that doesn't get it already.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:44 PM

I think it's a great idea.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it. My understanding could probably use some flexibility and broadening at any rate. All I think now is: the long run is really long, so play well and don't get caught up in individual hand results.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:55 PM

Cause its all based on mathematics and that involves work and understanding. We're all lazy here. So a post with some good examples would be helpful.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:51 PM

It can be a good idea ... as long as you don't write it! OOoooooh, burned! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] GG NO RE -_-;;;;;;;;;;;

Your ass is mine in SC over break.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:53 AM

I own you. BTW, are you gonna be in Vegas on my birthday (aka New Years Eve)? I gotta get the plane tickets soon if you are.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:13 AM

Post sounds like a great idea!