Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 08:53 AM

Default 3 KK hands...Need advice ?

The converter is not working for me....So i'll post manually....sorry if it looks messy - I tried making it as presentable as poss....

HAND 1:

*Background, 2 hands prior to this hand I doubled my stack through the big stack (MP3) at the table by pushing AA PF, I raised to $10, was re-raised to $25 and that was called by 2 people, I pushed and was called by initial re-raiser who had KK....Aces held up...

The villain on this hand was multitabling at 3 of the 6 tables I was on and I believe at least 1 other....PT had him at 15/8 over 300+ hands...

UTG: VILLAIN( $148.25 )
UTG+1: ( $94.40 )
UTG+2: ( $155.05 )
MP1: ( $85.35 )
MP2: ( $151.50 )
MP3: ( $194.15 )
LP: ( $100 )
Button: ( $60.25 )
SB: ( $119 )
BB: HERO ( $204.50 )

Dealt [ Kc Kd ]

Villain calls [$1].
All fold back round to me

Hero raises [$3].
Villain raises [$14].
Hero calls [$11].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, Jh, Qd ]
Hero checks.
Villain bets [$25]

I ???

__________________________________________________ _________________

Hand 2:

*Background to this hand....I have been playing fairly TAG....this hand involves 1 MANIAC (38/18) and a TIGHTIE (17/5).... MANIAC always raises $10 with any Ace....or Face Cards....he is at 4 of my tables and is doing the smae tricks on all 4...TIGHTIE tends to call him most time with hopes of busting preflop....but has yet to do so...He has only been at this table for 2 orbits....and hasn't been out of line..

Button: ( $143.24 )
SB: ( $95.35 )
BB: HERO ( $94 )
UTG: MANIAC ( $108.45 )
UTG+1: TIGHT/PASSIVE ( $95 )
UTG+2: ( $39 )
MP1: ( $53.70 )
MP2: ( $114.50 )
MP3: ( $136.40 )
LP: ( $185.23 )

SB posts small blind [$0.50].
HERO posts big blind [$1].

Dealt to HERO [ Kd Ks ]

MANIAC raises [$10].
TIGHTIE calls [$10].

All fold to me

HERO ?? calls [$9].

** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 5h, 4d ]

HERO checks.
MANIAC checks.
TIGHTIE bets [$18].
HERO ??

I thinking this is a push or fold scenario....

__________________________________________________ __________

HAND 3:

*BACKGROUND...This hand involves multitabling rockier than rock player....300 hands+ ....PT shows him as 5/1....Not worried about the other players....they are very passive non aggressive players...

MP2: ROCKIER THAN ROCK ( $102.70 )
MP3: ( $98.70 )
LP: ( $100 )
BUTTON: ( $171.95 )
SB: ( $118.70 )
BB: ( $104.29 )
HERO: ( $128.10 )
UTG+1: ( $104.85 )
UTG+2: ( $141.60 )
MP1: ( $158.50 )

SB posts small blind [$0.50].
BB posts big blind [$1].
BUTTON posts big blind [$1].

Dealt to HERO [ Kd Kh ]

HERO raises [$4].
3 folds
MP2 (ROCK)[$4].
MP3 [$4].
Folds round to BB
BB calls [$3].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, 8h, Th ]

BB checks.
HERO bets [$5]. (Is this my 1st mistake...there is a flush draw on board...?)
ROCK calls [$5].
MP3 calls [$5].
BB calls [$5].

** Dealing Turn ** [ Kc ]

BB checks.
HERO ??

Whats my action here.....I now have the nuts with 3 people to act after me....
Old 11-21-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: 3 KK hands...Need advice ?

Hand 1. Yuk. I'm guessing his range is JJ-AA. If you weren't beat pre-flop you are now. I posted a similar hand a few weeks ago and consensus was I was beat.

Hand 2. I would have raised pre-flop, but depending on how aggressive post-flop the maniac is, calling isn't terrible. Tightie could have QQ or AA. I would have expected a raise, but maybe he was smooth-calling with the same thought process as you? I think AQ more likely. Given the stack sizes, it's hard to make a meaningful bet here, without being pot-committed. I think a push is good.

Hand 3. The flop bet is low even for a rainbow board. I think something like 2/3 pot is better. 1/3 pot makes it too cheap for flush draws and AX hands to stick around.

On the turn, you still have to worry about flush draws. I'm betting around 2/3 pot again.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:19 AM

1)After his 3bet preflop, you can prop put him on a range of hands. I would put him on AA/QQ/JJ. He is an pretty tight player and will not be making these moves with AK,AQ. You have two options preflop...

i) 4 bet all in or call
ii) check raise all in considering no A flops.

I like the second option much better because it gets more value out of QQ/JJ against a tight player. On this flop though i cant see how you can possibly be ahead. Either he has QQ/JJ and flopped a set and has you beat, or he has AA and has you beat. Im folding this.3

2)finish this post later, class is over [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 11-21-2005, 02:40 PM

2)The call preflop was again ok because it gets more value out of hands such as AK,AQ, and lower pokcet pairs. What was the reason for checking this flop? And im not sure i like the idea of moving in over a TIGHT player because the likely hood of him caling with a worse hand here is not that great. Im letting himself commit himself on turn and moving in here. Moving in on turn with villan commited will get worse hands to call.

3)Your flop play is fine, with so many people in the pot and with straight/flush draws possible it's the right play. On the turn just keep building the pot, no point checking if other players are passive and will take free card with there draws. Then if you get callers block river if scare card, and value bet if not.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2)The call preflop was again ok because it gets more value out of hands such as AK,AQ, and lower pokcet pairs. What was the reason for checking this flop? And im not sure i like the idea of moving in over a TIGHT player because the likely hood of him caling with a worse hand here is not that great. Im letting himself commit himself on turn and moving in here. Moving in on turn with villan commited will get worse hands to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

On reflection, calling and letting him commit seems better to me too.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:00 AM

Hand 1.

**I folded....AA-JJ Means I'm well behind on this flop....

Hand 2.

**I pushed, and was called by Tight/passive player who had AA...and A on river didn't help my case....

Hand 3.

**I bet $5 on turn and was only called by the ROCK....The River was an A and I bet $5 again with the intention of calling any raise...Villain typed nh and called showing QQ...