Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 04:26 PM

Default Stud/8: High Pair hand

7-handed online 3/6 game. comments please on all stages. i know that i stuck with it too long, but i felt that no one had aces and with the fives all dead no one would have a straight either.

THIRD STREET
The 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] brings it in.
The 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] the 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] and the 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] all fold.
I call with split kings with a side card 3.

The A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] completes the bet.
The A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] behind him calls, as does everyone else.

FOURTH STREET
I have: (K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ) K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
Bring-in: 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
Raiser: A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
Other: A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

Raiser bets. Everyone calls.

FIFTH STREET

I have: (K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ) K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Bring-in: 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Raiser: A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
Other: A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

Other checks, The bring-in bets, and everyone calls.

SIXTH STREET

I have: (K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ) K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
Bring-in: 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]
Raiser: A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
Other: A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

It is checked to me, I bet, and everyone calls

SEVENTH STREET

I have kings up. It is checked around and my hand is good.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Stud/8: High Pair hand

It might be slightly weak-tight of me, but I tend to throw kings-nines in the muck, especially split. I know the ante at the 3-6 on party is higher than other sites, so it might be more justifiable there. It's just too easy to lose with them, because everyone in the universe plays lots of hands that contain an ace, so anytime one hits, you might be looking at aces. In this hand three were out in different hands, but you still had to be nervous about the ace raise on third.

al
Old 06-26-2003, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Stud/8: High Pair hand

I'm with you Al. I toss any pair lower than AA until I get down to 88 and then I need an A kicker or a straight flush kicker and the conditions must be perfect. KK-99 goes straight into the muck.

I haven't played Stud/8 at Party, but if the games are as soft as the hold'em games are, I suspect that you can limp with KK, but if you see any action from a live A you will need a lot of help.

Remember that against that many players you are probably playing for half the pot and unless you catch another K early your hand is not very strong as the hand develops. Ray Zee talks about this and how it plays out is that you won't know where you stand as the hand develops and you will have to fold.

Rockfish