Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Did you notice \"The Sheik\" on the Raymer knock out hand?

When Mike flippped up his ace high flush and yelled "NUTS" to knock him out, i smiled.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Mike flippped up his ace high flush and yelled "NUTS" to knock him out, i smiled.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a Rocky moment. Gave me goosebumps.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Either way, his timing was horrible and shows a general lack of <font color="red">disrespect </font> . I still can't believe this guy is 35.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, he couldn't even keep up with Mike even a little bit during their duel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I thought.

Maybe some of it was edited out...but how hard is it to drop a line in there about his jail-time or his general-uglyness or his "I never win a coin-flip" whining and whining.

I mean...I'm not exactly the fastest quip in the world (especially when it comes to 'heads-up' play in a situation like that) but Mike would say something and the sheik had ZERO in the way of comebacks much of the time.

Personally, if I was sitting there and Mike was ripping on my play and my short-stack I would say "yup. I'm really not that good at this stupid game. And they call me 'short-stack-bob' for a reason."
Then I'd eventually move on to what a jack-ass Mike is.

"You're right mike. You clearly deserve to win every hand."

"Do you ever stop shaking dude? Are you still on the blow? Seriously...stop jittering all over the place like an ADD-child."

"Haven't won a coin-flip in 2 years?? You're such a classy guy I just can't imagine why you wouldn't have better karma."
Old 11-11-2005, 07:19 PM

I'd start razzing him about his stapler, and burning down the building, until he either figured it out or had to have someone tell him that he does bear a certain likeness to Stephen Root in Office Space. I'd give him bonus points if he immediately got the reference.

Either that or I'd be so nervous most of my energies would be focused on not soiling my pants.

Probably that second thing.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, he couldn't even keep up with Mike even a little bit during their duel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I thought.

Maybe some of it was edited out...but how hard is it to drop a line in there about his jail-time or his general-uglyness or his "I never win a coin-flip" whining and whining.

I mean...I'm not exactly the fastest quip in the world (especially when it comes to 'heads-up' play in a situation like that) but Mike would say something and the sheik had ZERO in the way of comebacks much of the time.

Personally, if I was sitting there and Mike was ripping on my play and my short-stack I would say "yup. I'm really not that good at this stupid game. And they call me 'short-stack-bob' for a reason."
Then I'd eventually move on to what a jack-ass Mike is.

"You're right mike. You clearly deserve to win every hand."

"Do you ever stop shaking dude? Are you still on the blow? Seriously...stop jittering all over the place like an ADD-child."

"Haven't won a coin-flip in 2 years?? You're such a classy guy I just can't imagine why you wouldn't have better karma."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not good at that stuff either but man I'd eat both of them alive in minutes. It would be the biggest verbal bloodbath in WSOP history.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Either way, his timing was horrible and shows a general lack of <font color="red">disrespect </font> . I still can't believe this guy is 35.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that I did that well after it could be edited. I was playing too many tables, I guess.

Thanks for pointing it out, though. I'm sure you had no idea what I meant. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 09:16 PM

Remember, Mike is dealing with an idiot here. If you two stepped up Mike would eat you alive verbally then take all your money.

And the proper response to "Haven't won a coinflip in two years" is "Well yeah, its hard to do that when you've spent most that time in jail" Or the ever popular relating what he said to dropping the soap.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 AM

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just watched a rerun of this episode and the cut out the gesture made by the sheik.