Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Burger King Menu Confusion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could they have meant hot as in heat and not spicy? That is - bring it out right away - Don't let it sit. When my wife was pregnant and craving fries, she would make me order "Fresh, Hot, Fries" from the drive-thru.

p.s. Yes, I am a big puss - but I did eventually want to have sex again.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an easier way to do that - just ask for the fries without salt. They will have to make them fresh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that I tell my pregnant wife that she has to salt her own fries or that I salt them myself and risk under/over salting them? Either is -SexEV
Old 11-04-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...preganat wife... Either is -SexEV

[/ QUOTE ]
Is pregnancy -SexEV? Or just the opposite? I have no experience with such subjects.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is pregnancy -SexEV? Or just the opposite? I have no experience with such subjects.

[/ QUOTE ]

In an attempt to get this thread back on track...

Sex and pregnancy is like really good fast food. When you first find out you're getting it...you're really psyched and eat alot. Then as you get bloated you get sick of it for a long time. Then, eventually you clear your digestive system, realize you are hungry and want to eat a lot again. The trick is not to permamently block your digestive system. Got it?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Report

[ QUOTE ]
Here's what I believe: the double cheesburger is not a standard menu item, so it has to be made on the spot anyway, so "fresh off the grill" has no menaing for this sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

"fresh off the grill" is not the equivalent of "freshly put together". BK has a grill and a steamer...things are put through the grill in batches and kept warm in the steamer (with a maximum amount of time allowed before throwing away) until put together. I have a feeling she didn't listen to you and you didn't really get "fresh off the grill". If the order taker doesn't call it back as such, complain to the manager and wait for what you ordered. The "no salt" trick is the best and BK **HAS** to freshly make fries 100% of the time because of people with sodium issues (heart problems, etc.)
Old 11-04-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, as an aside, they have a new Asian guy working there that calls [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]the customers "Boss" and actually repeats it over and over during your order. It's like being in some old movie that has a bunch of Asian collies in it. "Sure thing, Boss. No pickles, Boss. Right away, Boss." He actually talks like this, but he's young and has very little accent.. It's very weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait, if he DID have an accent or was a bit older, then this behavior would somehow make more sense to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Boss" and "chief" thing is very common amongst recent immigrants, especially from south-asian countries.

I like it, and I call people boss and chief too.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, I'm not a dick. I will ask for the "fresh off the grill" b/c that tastes better and I want to se what kind of reaction I get. I may or may not get chicken fries, I probably will. I'm not going to ask specifically for a toasted bun, as I want to see what fresh of the grill gets me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that "fresh off the grill" will get you some saliva with your burger.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as an aside, they have a new Asian guy working there that calls [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]the customers "Boss" and actually repeats it over and over during your order. It's like being in some old movie that has a bunch of Asian collies in it. "Sure thing, Boss. No pickles, Boss. Right away, Boss." He actually talks like this, but he's young and has very little accent.. It's very weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

i call everyone boss, or sir, or other terms of respect, ESPECIALLY if i do not know them personally. i like to start off with everyone on the right foot, and most people like being called a name that puts them in a position of authority