Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-04-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Burger King Menu Confusion

[ QUOTE ]
Also, as an aside, they have a new Asian guy working there that calls [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]the customers "Boss" and actually repeats it over and over during your order. It's like being in some old movie that has a bunch of Asian collies in it. "Sure thing, Boss. No pickles, Boss. Right away, Boss." He actually talks like this, but he's young and has very little accent.. It's very weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait, if he DID have an accent or was a bit older, then this behavior would somehow make more sense to you?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife does not like her burger buns toasted (insert joke here). I'm equally perplexed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So weird; I thought everyone likes a toasted bun? Little side story. theres this place next door to my apartment that has a grill (Europan type joint with sandwiches/ salads/pizza/bagels burgers etc) The short order cook, makes sure to toast the buns and puts a slice of cheese on each side, he takes so much pride in making a perfect burger I just want to give him a hug.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife does not like her burger buns toasted (insert joke here). I'm equally perplexed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asking for a toasted bun never crossed my mind until the grill guy at school asked me one day. It opened up a whole new world of possibilities.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Report

I think toasted buns and toasted bread for sandwiches for the most part are very overrated. It depends on the method of the toasting and exactly what kind of sandwich you get. IMO, most people are way too toast-happy.

Anyway the report: This is going to be disappointing and for that I'm sorry.

I order my double cheeseburger value meal "fresh off the grill" the woman punches in her computer without really acknowledging my special request, and asks what kind of drink. I answer and then I get to the chicken. Chicken fries don't come in orders smaller than 9 for $5, so it's basically another meal and I don't want that. I opt instead for the chicken tenders which I have a history of loving. I get my 5 piece, but they don't have honey sauce for them (this prags me beyond belief) and I settle for sweet & sour.

The burger itself was tasty, but I couldn't really distinguish it from other double cheeseburgers I get there. There was also no mention of "fresh of the grill" or anything like that on my reciept. I didn't pay close atention to every word/computer command exchanged between the cashier and the kitchen so I don't know how my request was conveyed, if at all.

Here's what I believe: the double cheesburger is not a standard menu item, so it has to be made on the spot anyway, so "fresh off the grill" has no menaing for this sandwich.

Bottom line conclusion: inconclusive, and I'm going to the vending machine for some raisnettes, feeling fairly disgusting...
Old 11-04-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Report

[ QUOTE ]
the double cheesburger is not a standard menu item

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly standard at all the BKs I've been to. There's a value meal for it.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the double cheesburger is not a standard menu item

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly standard at all the BKs I've been to. There's a value meal for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly do BK for breakfast once or twice a month. But when I do hit BK for lunch I always order the double cheeseburger meal. It's the only thing I ever order and it's been there for decades.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:25 PM

The double cheeseburger is standard afaik. But that's besides the point as I don't think any BK ever pre-makes these anyways. Not common enough. The patties are pre-cooked and buns pre-toasted though (only supposed to be used within 15 minutes or something).

JBB i'm guessing they just didn't acknowledge your request for off the grill.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:28 PM

Bacon double cheese and a 5 piece chicken tender.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could they have meant hot as in heat and not spicy? That is - bring it out right away - Don't let it sit. When my wife was pregnant and craving fries, she would make me order "Fresh, Hot, Fries" from the drive-thru.

p.s. Yes, I am a big puss - but I did eventually want to have sex again.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an easier way to do that - just ask for the fries without salt. They will have to make them fresh.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:48 PM

God, I knew I should have done this experiment. ORDER A WHOPPER.