Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 08:46 PM

Default AA minraised on the flop

I don't play much NL cash games, mostly tourneys where this would be an instapush.

Game is 1/2/2 $5 to go. no max buy in at Palace Club in Hayward.

Game is typically loose and crazy. I've been there for 5 or 6 orbits. I have seen one flop, haven't raised preflop yet, and haven't played w/ any of these guys before except one old guy who wasn't in this hand.

I get AA in EMP. I raise to $10. Guy to my immediate left who seems like he would notice my lack of play makes it $20. He has $700 behind. I have $500 after my raise. Button ($150) cold calls, folded back to me.

I make it $50 they both instacall. Flop is J66 pot is $150.

I bet $125, guy to my left minraises, button folds.

Plan?
Old 11-01-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: AA minraised on the flop

First off, making it $10 to go is horrible, and then making it $50 to go after that is worse.

Also, all in.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 PM

I'm assuming I have a huge lead at this point so don't mind the hand coninuing. I'd call and check the turn. I put your opponent on a pocket pair probably QQ or KK and wants to find out if he's ahead. If he bets after me on the turn I probably size raise unless I'm very very confident he will bet river.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:45 PM

Don't see what's wrong with 10! 50 seems a little small but that flop is perfect. Almost definitely hasn't got a six, JJ prob doesn't raise that flop either, so i defo think call and c/raise almost all turns all in. Raising now will just force him to fold all hands you beat here, unless he's very bad you're not going to get much more out of him once you raise him again, i think getting him to fire another barrel is the only to get more money in the pot.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, making it $10 to go is horrible, and then making it $50 to go after that is worse.

Also, all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

$10 was half of what the standard opening raise was. I actually tried to make it $12 before they told me that all bets had to be increments of $5.

I assume you think $50 was too small of a reraise given the stack sizes and is pricing him in for stacking me on a bad flop, and I half agree w/ you. If the button hadn't called, I might have flat called or made a larger reraise.

I don't understand at all why I would want to push the flop after his minraise. Why should I let him off QQ that easily. What turn card am I scared of? WAWB?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:48 PM

i think you should make it more like 70-80 after you get 3-bet. do you really think anybody's cold-calling a raise and reraise for 20 and then folding for 50 more? plus you can re-reaise if button says "oh screw it" and pushes. hehehehe.

i guess i would just call. the pot's going to be $600 and you'll only have $220 behind, so it's going to go in anyway, but if you push villain may fold AK/AQ and some smaller pairs (probably not QQ+). but make a desperation stab on the turn if you leave him in the hand. plus he might not realize how short you are.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:55 PM

because the button called, your reraise has to be bigger.

and I'm not sure why you make your initial raise half of standard.