Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Not betting the nuts...Is this common anywhere else?

I have a guy in my home that won't raise with the nuts even though there are a couple of maniacs who will easily call three or four raises before they realize they are beat. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

These guys are just there to have fun. Let them have their fun and be happy that they will never stack you when they hold the nuts.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:20 PM

I once did this because a guy was taking forever to make up his mind on calling my river bet. I placed my cards face up showing the nuts (Ace high flush with no paired board and no sf possible)and said "does this make it easier for you."
He looked at my cards and raised me. I reraised with my cards still up and he four bet me. I reraised and he looked again at my cards and then called. he showed a lower flush with a four to the straight flush.

Funny thing was that after the hand he told me that he thought he had the straight flush until he looked again after the 5th bet. I didn't ask why he called the the last bet.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Funny thing was that after the hand he told me that he thought he had the straight flush until he looked again after the 5th bet. I didn't ask why he called the the last bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pot odds, duh.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 07:06 PM

I wish these people would just die of old age already.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:40 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

makes sense... you can't bet the nuts but you can keep raising with the second nuts because if the other person doesn't have the nuts you know the second nuts is good. but to be fair, the second nuts shouldn't be allowed to go ape [censored] since he knows his opponent can't have the nuts. so now the third nuts can go ape [censored] so that shouldn't be allowed. the only solution to this is to outlaw betting
Old 11-01-2005, 10:03 PM

Yes this is quite common.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 PM

In AC last Friday night at a 3/6 limit table, it was heads up between old man and young whippersnapper. OM has T8o, I forget what YW has (A3o I think), but the board is 9c7h3cAs6d. On the river, OM checks, YW bets, OM says out loud, "Hmmm. I wonder if you have it.....Well, I'll call anyway."
-web
Old 11-02-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where in FL was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Orlando so if I want to play live I have to drive an hour to the Melbourne greyhound track or 1.5 hours to Tampa. I usually go to the greyhound track. I always have a good time and it's reasonably profitable (despite the huge rake and tip factor), but it's just not worth the drive more than once a month.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once did this because a guy was taking forever to make up his mind on calling my river bet. I placed my cards face up showing the nuts (Ace high flush with no paired board and no sf possible)and said "does this make it easier for you."
He looked at my cards and raised me. I reraised with my cards still up and he four bet me. I reraised and he looked again at my cards and then called. he showed a lower flush with a four to the straight flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahahaha