Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 06:28 PM

Default An idea regarding interfaces

I had an idea I just posted on the PokerAce requests forum, that went a little beyond yr standard feature addition. Here is what I wrote:

[ QUOTE ]

What if you were to modify PA in such a way that it no longer just puts images over the table? What if you were to take all of the info coming in from the site you are playing and display it in a way that is completely customizable to the user, as well as displaying all of the stats.

I thought of this while playing Prima. I was VERY annoyed at the way thier software looks, and thought it would be awesome if those games were on Party's or Stars' software. Would it be possible to take all the info coming in from a Prima site and make it look just like Party, with the bet raise and fold buttons in the same place? Or let's say you wanted to make Crypto look like Stars. Hopefully I'm being clear. Or alternately this could be a sort of "avatar" window that controls the real table. You tell one window to do something and the instruction is relayed to the real window (which you aren't even looking at), which is in turned relayed to the site. Does that make sense?

Another advantage would be in allowing more people to multitable without 16x12 resolution, allowing you to customize the size of the window.

Obviously this would be a big undertaking, but the idea of being able to actually customize the software like this is very appealing to me. It might even be a compltely seperate (and lucrative) program seperate from PA. Or alternately it could just be an add on. (I would TOTALLY buy it!)

It also might not be possible, or practical to do this. This might be a pipe dream, but it would be super cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also saw PartygirlUK's post where she wrote about how craptabulous Absolute's software was. Would it not be great to be able to use the layout of your choice? Why can't someone create a program that relays instructions to open tables, and has an interface that you can customize to yr liking?

I;d like to this is more than just a "wouldn't that be cool" post. I would like to challenge some of you computer savy guys to get on this! I would pay a reasonable price to be able to customize the way any site looks. (Some of you will think this is lame, but I've played at Party/x-skins so long that their software "feels" right to me, though there are obviously some bugs.)

I won't make some lame poll, but I am interested to see if there is any interest in a program that would do this. It might inspire some of the more entrepreneurial computer programmers to start working on something along these lines. So, any thoughts?
Old 10-29-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: An idea regarding interfaces

I have thought of this many times, and i have considered it for MTH. I can assure you that it would not be accepted by the poker sites for several reasons. Primarily because you would not be using their software to play with, resulting in them having no control over you.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:54 PM

And just to confirm, yes, this would be very possible, it wouldn't even be that hard to do.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have thought of this many times, and i have considered it for MTH. I can assure you that it would not be accepted by the poker sites for several reasons. Primarily because you would not be using their software to play with, resulting in them having no control over you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I was thinking initially this might violate the T&C, but what if you are not actually modifying a site's software in any way? You are essentially creating a program to "punch the buttons." I don't see how that could violate any reasonable T&C. Pokertracker, for example, can be used to manually request HHs be emailed to the player. This does something similar, just to the tables not the lobby.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:20 PM

MTH is actually very close to doing this, just without the GUI part. I am letting the user interface with the poker client without using the client at all. All i had to do was to make a new window with the action buttons on, and you'd have an all new poker client to use.

But this is still legal as it doesn't in any way know what is going on at the table, i don't know how many players are playing, i don't know the stacks, the action and such. As soon as we start to read that kind of information, we're in violation of the TOC.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:39 PM

Cool. Thanks for the responce. I was thinking about the issue of reading the incoming info after I made that last post. Maybe someone smarter than me could figure out a way around this. Scan the table itself perhaps, rather than taking the same info the site is sending to its table.

Thanks for taking the time to address my inquiries. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and I'm dumb: What does MTH stand for? (I'm not a regular here.)
Old 10-29-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool. Thanks for the responce. I was thinking about the issue of reading the incoming info after I made that last post. Maybe someone smarter than me could figure out a way around this. Scan the table itself perhaps, rather than taking the same info the site is sending to its table.

Thanks for taking the time to address my inquiries. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and I'm dumb: What does MTH stand for? (I'm not a regular here.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't reading the info, that's very easy, the problem is that doing so violates the TOC.

MTH stands for Multi Table Helper, there's a couple of posts here if you wanna read up on it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[Original MTH thread]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1

[Original MTH v2 thread]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1

[MTH v2 updates]
Just check the forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 10:16 PM

From the detecting side, there is basically no difference between this program and a bot that plays for you. Both read info from the program and activate the gui without hardware events.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the detecting side, there is basically no difference between this program and a bot that plays for you. Both read info from the program and activate the gui without hardware events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can definately see how that would be an issue. In a way I'm kind of happy they don't allow such things, though it is frustrating when you want to use such info for good and not evil. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyone see a way around this problem?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see a way around this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only safe way is to get the green light from the poker sites themselves. Any other solution would just be an attempt to hide the TOC break.