Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Going through the motions...

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have a 1 year old daughter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. My kids were one the the things I was referring to that i really care about. I have awesome kids. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go through this all the time. What you're describing is depression. I usually just wait for something really bad to happen that resolves itself, and then I reasess my life, and realize things could always be worse.
Or, I go out and get really drunk, and then the next morning I am thankful no one died and I begin to appreciate things more

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I getcha, but I don't feel depressed exactly. It's not a dark place. I'm not negative about things. Or waiting for bad things. It's more of a just lack of interest.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:12 PM

This happens to me all the time. Travelling somewhere is usually the best way for me to get out of it.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have a 1 year old daughter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take her out for some shrimp. You'll feel better. Post pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea the best. Go for 50 this time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It can all stink until you make it better. You've got to happen to life instead of letting it happen to you. Learn the art of happiness, to appreciate what you've got instead of expecting it to weirdly be somehow more than or different from what it is. And find an interest. Nobody can be happy just buying stuff, watching t.v., eating and sleeping. Like history? Become more than curious -- go for competence. Like martial arts? Go for more than fitness, try mastery. Think your family is okay? Don't just keep a roof over their head, be the dad you wish you'd had and the husband you hope or wish your mother had. Have a goal that engages your maximum effort and would result in improving you and making you a more interesting or better person, or even a few such goals. Fulfill your intellectual, physical, and/or spiritual obligations to yourself. Life without goals and interests is not only boring, but a symptom of being inattentive. It doesn't matter you do, just pick something hard and do a at least a little of it every chance you get. And don't get the blues if sometimes you get a little tired of routine. Life is mostly routine, unless maybe you're a kamikaze. Find the routines you appreciate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very good. It's what I know I need to do. And it's actually what I've been trying to do lately. Force myself to care more about things. I kind of hinted at this in a post awhile back. The part about finding routines you appreciate is somewhat counterintuitive, but I know you're 100% correct. Throwing yourself into a new or better routine is huge. I'll probably just keep banging away atbthis until I find something that snaps me out of it.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:20 PM

This is me. I am bored.

Not to much advice for ya for I dont ever do anything for my self.

Monday - Friday is a grind I work 12 hours a day go home play some cards and wait for the weekend.

Weekend rolls around I either go out and get blasted with my firends or do the girl friend thing.

I pretty much try to spend less then I make to someday get married, buy a home and do the same damn thing i am doing now minus going out with the buddies getting blasted every other weekend [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

WTF [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go through this all the time. What you're describing is depression. I usually just wait for something really bad to happen that resolves itself, and then I reasess my life, and realize things could always be worse.
Or, I go out and get really drunk, and then the next morning I am thankful no one died and I begin to appreciate things more

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I getcha, but I don't feel depressed exactly. It's not a dark place. I'm not negative about things. Or waiting for bad things. It's more of a just lack of interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is still a symptom of depression. You don't have to be feeling sad to be depressed.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:18 PM

same [censored] here.

I think it's the time of year combined with my bullshit job.

I dunno, life is good, but it's like I'm medicated, you know?

I need to snap the [censored] out of it, but I don't know how. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 05:52 PM

Well, I feel fan-bloody-tastic personally.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:55 PM

How about freaking fabulous?